ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!!! Dog bone bush won't go on!

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
How on earth are these meant to fit? I can't for the life of me squeeze the larger bush into the hole, I have taken off the excess metal that holds the standard one in. I just can't see any possible way of getting it in!

Any ideas would be great as i'm fast turning into a fit of rage:mad:

Thanks all

Dan

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i had no end of trouble trying to get the smaller bush (yellow type) to fit my dog bone, there was no way on earth it would fit, so i binned it and went back to standard

we got it pushed in using a hydraulic press, but as soon as the pressure was released it just popped out and went flying

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
It's just unbelievable. It's meant to be a quick and easy mod and yet again i've got absolutely nowhere!

Anyone else?

are you sure you've removed all of it? the bush is bonded to a steel outer which needs pressing out - you should only be left with the alloy arm. other than that, may be the bushes are the wrong size; should be a simple push fit

172 Ph1
Sounds like your having fun. I'm glad I got a ph2*1 mine was quite easy compared to the trouble you are having.
As mentioned above, sleeve must be pressed out also.

Drew.

ClioSport Club Member
i did mine only yesterday with yellow powerflex on my phase 1 (straight one), the powerflex went in very nicely, only ball ache was getting the old bushes out. as said above you should on be left with the alloy cast, the bushes with a bit of grease should slide in nioce and easy.

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
Got it guys. I'd removed all the metal ring it was just a tight fit. Got it in there in the end with a little help.

Cheers for all the replies