ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP Contaminated Break Fluid (172 cup)

172 cup
After lending my car to the wife for a shopping trip, she kindly filled my brake fluid up with water after mistaking it for the washer bottle.........

(yes I am not happy!!!!)

Can anyone please describe the best way of draining the break fluid, so that I can replace.

Does each break have to be blead?

you will want to suck the water out of the fluid tank, thank god that oil and water dont mix.

With the majority of the water out you can top it up with brake fluid and bleed each brake, you will need about a ltr. Also be thankful that you dont have ABS for the water to get trapped in.

Bleed the closes caliper first, the offside front until the water is gone and new fluid is present. Then move to the farthest (nearside rear) and bleed in sequence (offside rear, naerside front, offside front).