ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!! CLIO 182 NOT STARTING

Clio 197 F1 No:494
hi i have a 2004 clio 182 and for the past 3 weeks the car will not start and it takes constant trying over and over again until it finally does start (more or less half an hour)

it has been to several garages including renault and no one can find a fault with it

it has had a new battery, all relays have been checked and im told there is nothing wrong with it as no fault can be found

CAN ANYONE SHED ANY LIGHT ONTO THIS?? AS ITS DRIVING ME INSANE!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

just the usual lights which turn off as soon its started

runs perfectly once started, but as soon as its been parked up for longer than an hour its back to square one in trying to start it

im having to resort to starting it every hour so i can actually get home from work:mad:

182 for sale £7000
tdc sensors dont leave a fault unless it is totaly open circuit replace it and the connector as you have to do both!

The TDC sensor on my 1.2 went, cost £20 for the sensor and another £20 for the new loom that you need.

when a tdc sensor is faulty does it show when the car is plugged into the diagnostic machine?

as now im told that the sensor isnt faulty as it would of shown up on machine...i seem to be back to square one..is it best just to change the sensor anyway?

when a tdc sensor is faulty does it show when the car is plugged into the diagnostic machine?

as im told that the sensor isnt faulty as it would of shown up on machine...i seem to be back to square one with the car not starting..is it best just to change the sensor anyway?

Clio 172 Cup
Surprised that nothing has come up on diagnostics, apart from TDC thats already been mentioned it could potentially be a temperature sensor if its only when the engine is aloud time to cool? It can stop the ECU from giving it a rich mixture for a cold start if it defaults to a given value.