ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help choosing a surround sound please...

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I recently bought a 5.1 surround sound system with DVD player. My main purpose for buying was to play my xbox through it when streaming my sky go through the xbox. I then found out after unpacking that it had no optical output/input so I took it back.

Here was the system:
Buy Sony DAVTZ140 300W 5.1 DVD Home Cinema System at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Home cinema kits, 5.1 surround sound systems, 5.1 surround sound systems.

The room size that the system would be going in is 10ft x 16ft if that's any help to anyone. I have also been looking at sound bars too with subwoofer.

PLEASE NOTE I AM VERY NEW TO ALL THIS TOO!

I want my DVD, TV and xbox to go through the surround system.

TV is a Sony KDL-40BX420 and here are the connections:

P1000778.jpg

P1000777.jpg

DVD recorder I have is a Sony RDR-HXD870 with 160GB HDD and connections:

P1000774.jpg

P1000773.jpg

I have tried to supply as much info as possible for you guys. Like I say the main focus for the system would be to play my sky go through my xbox mainly for sky sports F1, but also to play xbox games too and I would also like to play everything else I have through surround too. Budget is between 200-300 too.

Many thanks

I hope someone can help me out....

Megane sport/BMW 330
Hey Charlie when i was looking for the right sound system for my place, i found these guys good for surround sound speakers, i also play a lot of xbox, particularly call of duty! haha it sounds epic when you have the right system.
anyways i hope this helps :)

cheers dude

twingo sport. clio
Hey Charlie when i was looking for the right sound system for my place, i found these guys good for surround sound speakers, i also play a lot of xbox, particularly call of duty! haha it sounds epic when you have the right system.
anyways i hope this helps :)

cheers dude

hey mate had a look at them, they are sweet but probably more than i would want to pay for speakers :p even if it did make my xbox games louder, i was actually wondering if you could help me out at all? I've just moved to London and have got a complete home cinema system from my old flat do you know anyone that could fit it for me? there is a bit of in wall work that needs doing on it so its not a standard put together job, if it was i wouldn't bother paying someone to do it for me!

Last edited by a moderator: