ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help! car wont turn over!?!

Megane R26
i came to my car this mornin, got in as usual, turned the key and all i get is a click from what i presume is the starter motor. the engine doesnt even attampt to turn. it was runnin sweet as last nite and now nothing.

i have tried the ecu reset job on both of my keys and nothing happens, it jus clicks.

any ideas any1? :dapprove:

maybe i shouldnt have talked about sellin it last nite with me dad lol

Megane R26
i thought about tht but last nite nothin suggested the battery was goin.. like a sluggish starter motor as ive had on other cars. ill go check it tho.

Jump it and it'll work fine, same problem as mine by the sounds of things.

Suggestions such as TDC sensor, Alternator problems, pretty endless stuff as to what it could be.

Clio MK 4
my battery was perfectly fine always started perfect until one morning it wouldn't start. even jump starting wouldnt start the battery which made think it was something more serious. Got it towed to garage and they fitted a new batterry and it was fine.

Megane R26
found the problem, it is the starter. gonna give it the little love tap, she bump starts and runs fine.

Local garage just quoted me £285 for a newen fitted :dead:

clio 1.2 M reg
;)
found the problem, it is the starter. gonna give it the little love tap, she bump starts and runs fine.

Local garage just quoted me £285 for a newen fitted :dead:

Get to a local scrappy its a pretty easy job and it'll save u a fortune mate;)

polo, here for lols
i had this with mine. at first i replaced the alternator, sorted the problem for a while, then it kept happening, especially when it was cold (don't know why considering the problem). i then had a good look under the bonnet with a mechanic friend (works for the AA) and we found that there was a loose connection between the battery and the starter motor. Apparently this is a common fault in renaults especially of the age that mine is at.

ignore this then if you know what it is.

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 M reg
i'd say the starter solonoid is stickin myself should try whackin sum spray grease in the motor see if that helps before ya spend a shed load on a new one lol