ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Bearings!

Clio172
My 172 has gone through 3 sets of rear bearings in the last 9 months!

I began taking the car in for new rear pads, i decided to go for green stuff and as the fronts were groved/drilled decided to have the matching disks.

Within 100miles both bearings had given up...so badly they cracked the disk trying to take one out.

They replaced the disk and both bearing and within 1 month the other side went. They then told me my stub axel might be bent? there was lots of play in the wheel. After the new bearing was fitted no play therefore it can't have been bent?

Today i went back (trying not to loose it) and another has gone.

Anyone had this problem??? any ideas??? has anyone had a simlar problem or experience fitting new bearings into disks?

The company are repretable and have never had a problem before???

http://www.elitedirect.com/

Lionel Richie
do you have the spacers fitted? are you using cheapo bearings? are you over 20stone? do you bounce it off curbs? does the garage know the torque setting for the rear hub?

Iceberg Ph1
I was gonna say about the torque settings, if the garage is just windy gunning them on, then thats gonna be your issue right there!

Clio172
do you have the spacers fitted? are you using cheapo bearings? are you over 20stone? do you bounce it off curbs? does the garage know the torque setting for the rear hub?

They told me the spacers were on. They are using OEM bearings. I don't bounce over any curbs. Not sure if they are aware of the torque setting ...What is it?..i am 12St!lol

Any other ideas?

I have got KW V2 suspension but only have had this fitted in the last 3 months?

Clio172
go elsewhere IMO

I would love to go elsewhere but that will leave me short of pocket..i know its not alot but its not rocket science

tourqe setting is 175nm
Thanks for that ill make sure i check it 2mora when they have it on the ramp. Would both overtight and undertight cause problems?

"Navy" N17 TWO
I had trouble with 2 rear bearings before too - fitted in brand new discs that had bearing pressed in, no spacers though and the spacers didn't come out when the previous discs came off :S

Had the 2-wheeled 172 on a mates lift for 6 days waiting on 2 fecking washers - great craic! :rolleyes: