ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - Back end of 182 seems very light

Racing Blue 182
Over the past few days iv been noticing handling problems with my 182 whenever turning left.

Turning right seems fine.

At first the front was pushing on realy bad when accelerating into corners ect, so i checked my tyre pressures as thought it could be a result of this.

I have pumped my tyres to 35psi front and 32 rear now.

The problem now is, the front starts pushing on as before but also followed by the rear kicking out. Its keeps scaring the s**t outa me

What could the problem be?

Its as if the esp isnt working when turning left, doing my head in.

I'd be dropping those pressures! :S

I'm running 32F/31R on the valver at the moment - you need a bit more rubber on the road in these dodgy conditions!

Is the tread all the same on them?

Ad

MK2 FRS
I found pressures to need to be lower on a 182 than I had on 172. Weird.

Check the pump your using for air, as I used my local garage and was all over the place. tesco usually good.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i'd put money on it being a fooked rear shock, very common

I`m finding the roads really greasy at the mo and quite unpredictable, had my transit van sideways comming off a roundabout the other day and completely shat my self, good job it`s not very fast :O

Racing Blue 182
lemonnobby1 said:
i reckon it could b a broke rear shocker as when i had one go at the rear it was very light

Me been not very mechanical means i dont know how to check this.

Is there a way for me to check without driving all the way to renault?

182... again!
182 tyre pressures should be 33F/30R, get a decent gauge too...i wouldn't on any garage's gauge!!

Boz

Arctic 182
Sounds like a rear shocker to me, common fault as gt_gaz said. Knackered shock is likely to be seeping oil but you've little chance of seeing this with all the shite on the roads and under your car at the mo. Get renault to replace on warrenty (as leeds 182 did) - don't let them feed you shite about it being wear and tear, it's a common fault.

erm, try your wheel nuts?

are your rear tyres fitted the right way round?

shockers ok? I know a few people with bust shockers...

/y0z