ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help:auto headlight adjuster (54 plate 182)

Black RS200
Where is the sensor for the auto headlight leveller on a 182?
Reason I ask is ive had my 182 lowered front and rear (around 60mm) but when I use my headlights they point at the ground. The rear is slightly lower than the front so in theory the lights should be pointing upwards but the auto leveller is dropping them right down to the ground. Anyone else come across this or is it just a fault on the auto adjuster which seemed to happen the same time I had the suspension done?

There is a white allen key adjuster on the back of the headlight. Turn this a few mm and the beam will start to adjust. If it won't adjust, the adjuster pole has probably popped out of the adjuster unit and you'll need to take the headlight off the car to put it back together. I'll take a picture of a spare light i've got and upload it for you to show you what I mean in a moment...

Black RS200
cheers mate, mine has prob jumped out coz they set my shockers so stiff every slight bump in the road i was lifting up off my seat on the way home!
I thought it was electronicaly adjusted on the zenon lights or will this re set the hight for me?

The levelling unit isn't on the pics below, but you can see the hole that it clips into. When you open your bonnet and look down on your faulty light, you should be able to see a white plastic allen key hole in the middle of the back of the lights (where the empty hole is on the lights in the pic).

In the 2nd pic, i've done a close up of the hole the adjuster sits in. Inside the hole, you can see a white plastic 'n' shaped thing. The pole from the adjuster unit goes into that. If the two have become seperated, your lights will no longer adjust. If the person who lowered your car decided to try and do you a favour and adjust your lights, they might have turned the allen key too far and caused the pole to pop out of the adjuster.

P1010100.gif

P1010099.gif

Black RS200
Thanks for the pics, i will take a look tomorrow in day light, im sure it aint gonna be as simple as that though, its both lights (both still equal) pointing down which is why i was thinking more of an electronic adjuster (like the rear brake adjuster, which can be seen/located quite easy)