ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help an utter ice newbie!

Hey guys,

Picking up my 182 next week, and Im looking at getting an mp3 head unit put in. Ive seen one I really like but am confused about whether its compatiable, especially cos 182 has 6 speakers where as this only has 4 outputs?? Was looking at this 1...

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CDXF7500http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CDXF7500

and I guess I need a stalk controller adapter too thats another £20 (doh!). Would that head unit be any good? Should I get anything else while Im there.

Cheers!

yes it is compatable, the front 4 speakers are split after the ISO block, so in theory you only need a 4xww head unit

i would seriously think about a different head unit though, sony do not make good ICE

sony look all flashy and bling, but the sound quality isnt up to the standards found on Alpine or Pioneer.

Dunt agree Sony is quality, try the CDXM8800 though mate, push an extra few quid in for a nice bit of kit, can pick one up 4 £215 delivered!

Good graphics and good sound quality!

Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 14 December 2004

Dunt agree Sony is quality, try the CDXM8800 though mate, push an extra few quid in for a nice bit of kit, can pick one up 4 £215 delivered!

Good graphics and good sound quality!

how many HU s have you listned to? ive had 2 sony hu s, an old skool one and a xlpod one, the earlier one was OK, the xplod, i thought was ok, then i got a Alpine, and ive had a few more since then!

dont go for sony, unless you go for the only decent one - cant remeber the naem (but they go for around £1000 2nd hand!!)

Alpine, Nakamichi, Pioneer, jvc (if you have a lack of pennies!)

also consider becker, they may not have max power influenced flashy lights like the sony, but in terms of quality, they are excellent

Quote: Originally posted by edgerfs on 15 December 2004

Thanks guys Ill let you know what I choose, the Sony does look mint though but well see :)
Are you willing to compromise on sound purely for one that has lots of lights? Buy a cheap sh*t one then and dont waste your money. If you actually want a decent sound then stick to Alpine.

Alpine all the way for an overall good headunit.

if u want optimum sound quality then becker, eclipse or nakamichi, ive got a nakamichi and i love it to bits! looks standard but fooking great!

and yeah if u want the display & steering controls to work you are looking at another 40-50 quid.

also, some brands do not have this adaptor, its just alpine & sony atm, however kenwood & clarion are starting to bring them out.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

pionner do the adaptor too actually.

and all that bullsh*t about sony sound quality not being all that gr8 is total bollox. go listen to different ones in halfords and see if you can tell the difference. i have a sony and its awesome.

Quote: Originally posted by David on 15 December 2004

and all that bullsh*t about sony sound quality not being all that gr8 is total bollox. go listen to different ones in halfords and see if you can tell the difference. i have a sony and its awesome.
pmsl @ listen to them in halfords

Ultra Red Megane R26

Youll only notice the difference in quality if you have an amped system with good quality speakers.

ST

Yeah ok then matey! Sony and halfrauds in the same sentence......your havin a laugh eh?

Sony should stick to what their good at and leave ICE to the pros!

believe me, when youve heard as many head units run through the same speakers as i have, then you can comment on how sony perform against the competition

ask over on talkaudio.co.uk if you dont believe us (majority here)

I wouldnt fit a sony head unit to my car no matter what my budget. The sound quality is piss poor, but thats just my opinion of course. Dont buy a head unit for flashy lights do it for sound, that is after all their purpose.

Clio Sport 172

ive had a few head units in my time and imo sony are really good ive also had alpine and pioneer

end of the day it plays cds and thats all that matters:)

Noooo, if you want something decent its got to be alpine. Sony is ok just if its liek above, want summat cheap to play cds and radio. If your going to start amping etc and want half decent sound alpine is the way forward

Punto/Clio GTT

im running a sony head unit, amp and 12" sub. sounds very clear and some very deep bass.

I can comment on the Sonys quality as I HAVE ONE. If you dont have one, how the f**k can you comment on its sound quality?!?!?!?

FM

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 15 December 2004

I can comment on the Sonys quality as I HAVE ONE. If you dont have one, how the f**k can you comment on its sound quality?!?!?!?
ermm........... working in the trade??? get to hear every head unit you can ever imagine through whatever speakers you like, makes it a little easier

Clio Sport 172

i have a m9900 sony cd player 4 fusion componant speakers that cost me 380 quid a aline 800 watt amp and a pioneer 600 watt sub and it sounds better than when i had my alpine cva 1004 head unit in so much more clearer

but thats my opinion:)