ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help a newbie

MKV Glof GTI
Hello everyone new here looking for some advice please. I'm driving a MKV golf GTI and want something smaller and fun. I'm thinking about a 182 trophy/cup looking at spending about 11k. Are they as good as everyone says? What money should I be paying? Any problems I should look out for? Any options worth having or not? Sorry for Q's need some expert advise.

for 11k you should be able to get a really good low milage example.. think it might be a bit of a step down in build quality though?

MKV Glof GTI
Thanks for the help. Is there a big difference between the cup and trophy? Didn't think about the V6 aren't the MKI's tail happy? Grant_172 your car looks very nice big change to an Eos. Going to need to go through a dealer :S other wise would be interested. Whats the Clio like to live with?

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
would not bother with a cup unless its a 172 cup. get a full fat 182 with cup packs or a trophy

D

Dani

I've just bought myself a 182 cup last week. Seems to be ok so far although my last car was a peugeot so I'm used to having stuff go wrong with my cars!! The exhaust warning light has just come on so it's off to renault tomorrow. I haven't had it a week and I've broken it!! The car seems to go well although the paintwork is a bit naff and orange peel like. It's a lot better built than my 106 GTi and less go-cart like to drive but I can't comment on whether it compairs well to a volkswagon. I would definately recommend one now I've got one but it wouldn't have been my first choice in your price range. I was quite lucky and got mine cheap for the mileage and year.