ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!! 172 + STOP + OIL = £££

Driving along the bypass the other night, doing nothing ridiculous engine-wise and the STOP light came on, shortly followed by the OIL warning lamp. I immediately thought arse (or words to that effect) and eased off the throttle and started to slow down looking for a layby: As I did this the warning lights started to dim away and then went away completely... So I decided I wasnt hanging around in the middle of nowhere at night and drove home slowly.

The next morning I checked the car over - the oil is full and the engine sounds perfectly normal. So I started it up and the STOP and OIL lights were there again and wouldnt go away. After speaking to the dealers they cant look at it until Wednesday, so I got the RAC to come out and the guy reckoned it was an electrical fault and not mechanical as the warning lights dim when you release the handbrake (!?!). Weird!

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone has any ideas as to what could be wrong? At the moment Im just confused as to why the warnings came on then faded away again - Im assuming the oil pump might be on its way out and that itll cost a fortune to replace it ?!?! What a great Christmas present! :(

Cheers guys. Heres hoping it just turns out to be a flakey sensor then! :) Ill let you know what it was when (if) I get it back sorted...

Matt

Clio Dci

hi mate

i had this problem on my cup when i had my i/k fitted. it was exactly as you described. i didnt know what was the problem so i put the standard air box back on and its not happened since. that was two weeks ago. check all the clips on the air intake system are tightened up and that the feed pipe from the head is attached.

hope this helps. :) would be interesting to hear what renault say.