ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello

Hi everyone i have recently bought a clio 172 from someone on the forum called Chris dont know his user name. But im just saying hi.

My clio is flame red and i love this car its fast but comfortable.

Just a few questions though. My car under hard accelerating makes a knocking noise but only when driving not when stationary and revving it. Im fairly sure its not wheel spin but does anyone else have this? Plus the gear shaft shakes abit so maybe the gearbox mounts? I dunno.

Secondly how accurate is the mpg calculator as it tells me im getting 42.5mpg which dont sound right, Okay i drive like an old woman but still is that right?

Will be joining up as a priemum member soon so i will be reading up on stuff.

Thanks

Dblock

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Welcome mate, im glad you joined!

I phoned you about that ticket of chris's lol

You have yourself a cracking 172

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Knocking is engine/gearbox mounts.

Renault made them from cheese so they fall apart regularly.

Welcome to the Club :)

In between cars....
Good to see you joined up matey, look after her

Thats had a new dogbone about 2 month ago, just about got rid of that knock, its maybe shifted the problem to one of the other mounts, theyre pretty cheap from renault

I tried the granny driving once, saw high 40's on a run to edinburgh

Out and about i was averaging 33, geting just about 300 mile from full to the light, they are pretty good on the juice

How you finding it compared to the 106?

OHHHH mate i love the car put it this way my 1.5d 106 was slow got 65mpg and ran off veggie oil. This is a beast but its weird to go and fill up at a petrol station, im gonna have to retire my old trusty greasy funnel.

In between cars....
The good old oil burner, good cars, enjoy it :)

If you can make it get yourself along to the scottish meet on saturdau coming, looks like there will be a strong turn out, be a good chance to meet a load of the other members