ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello :) Tyre options!

Clio Williams & 182
I am picking up a Clio 182 this weekend as my daily car after the M5 got totalled.

It is a FF Cup chassis car.

I'm looking to fit some different alloys, probably 15" 2118's, but I am wondering at the tyre size options. Is it the 172's that use the 195/50's or do 182's run these normally as well? Would 205/45 be a better fit?

I also have my Clio Williams which uses 195/50's on AD08's and a set of Willy wheels with R888's in 195/50 as well. Would they fit okay if I took the 182 track bound someday?

Thanks!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
The 195/50/15 tyres tend to be cheaper so a lot of people run those, but either will fit .

Yes your willy alloys will go straight on your 182 no problem mate , people run these alloys for track day wheels as the 15 inch tyres are a lot cheaper than 16" . Also I prefer the handling of the smaller wheels

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
I must say the Michelin Pilot Sport 3's I just fitted in 16" are bloody amazing!

Good to here this. I used to run Pe2's constant. Very good tyre and wear was very good. Stop being made now though it seems.

OP, I too run 15"s, so much difference IMO, with it all being good.

Clio Williams & 182
Ok great as I have two sets of Williams alloys here with AD08's and R888's on :D

182 Cup, DC2, E500
I still have a set of nearly new Exalto PE2's on my original Integra DC2 15" alloys!

I struggled to get them 2 years back. They were amazing, although looking absolute poo

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Ok great as I have two sets of Williams alloys here with AD08's and R888's on :D

Wobbanory you big gay bear, get those Williams wheels on there, 195/50 weapon of choice ;)

9649037354_870b350d7c_b.jpg

Clio Williams & 182
Oooh! Nice one Coopsie :D

I've got these sat about at home:

1bc75c46-ef42-4291-8a42-4c08546e9edf_zps7f5d1b9e.jpg

The blue on silver might be fun :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
do it ;) I interchange all my mk1 wheels onto the 182, had the superlegs on there, turbines (on the old 172), willy wheels, pro race, the lot!

Clio Williams & 182
Okee I will lol. The 888's are barely legal on two of the tyres though and one has a puncture now :(

Clio Williams & 182
Well, going to get the punctured tyre looked at tomorrow and replaced if needed so my track day tyres will be in usable again. Got May 19th to think about so need to get sorted anyway :)