ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello there...

Clio 172 Cup
Thought i'd sign up finally, ive been lurking about here for a couple of years now.
I inherited a rather nice (i chose it for her 4 years ago so it should be) ph2 172 cup from my late gf last week and in the process of
spending some pennies on it to get it back in tip top shape as its never going to leave my ownership.

I'll post piccies of it later but having owned a 500bhp rx7 and a civic ep3, this is by far the most fun i've ever had in a car!
I would never attempt to take the rx to france and back or have any sanity left after driving the ep3 for 200 miles but the clio loves it and being the most
economical car ive ever owned my wallet is happy to.

I hope to attend a few meets and get to know the world of clio hot hatchery and maybe find out more about this blue pocket rocket.

GT 86
Thought i'd sign up finally, ive been lurking about here for a couple of years now.
I inherited a rather nice (i chose it for her 4 years ago so it should be) ph2 172 cup from my late gf last week and in the process of
spending some pennies on it to get it back in tip top shape as its never going to leave my ownership.

Hello and welcome :cool:.

If I have read the post correctly I am Sorry to hear that.

I'm guessing that's why you never plan to get rid of the car.

Clio 172 Cup
Hello and welcome :cool:.

If I have read the post correctly I am Sorry to hear that.

I'm guessing that's why you never plan to get rid of the car.

Yea, the big c unfortunatly, never happens to the bad people does it.
Anyway im sworn to keep it and i wasnt allowed to wrap it in a bubble and not use it, though thats not to say i wont spend a few bob getting
it looking like it just rolled off the production line. :)

Clio 172 Cup
So, to not send this and you all into a downhill run, i see the car as a celibration of her life then the passing. soooooooooooo hello there!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Welcome :)

I'm surprised more people haven't chose this type of username!

GT 86
So, to not send this and you all into a downhill run, i see the car as a celibration of her life then the passing. soooooooooooo hello there!

Ace :star:, I agree with you about the EP3 though I have to say I really loved mine it did tend to do your head in after a couple of hours driving it, probably more to do with the modified Exhaust I had on it though :D. I do miss the Vtec sometimes though. So far so good in the Clio ownership dept for me, I think its an absolutely brilliant little car it never fails to make me smile.To coin a phrase it goes like a stabbed Rat !!:D

Clio 172 Cup
Actually i dont own anything of mr jobs handy work, its more because im a tech geek. lol
My ep3 had a BC prospec 2 on it, i had to make a bung and a silencer so my ears would still be functional by the time im 50, i find the 5k kick (inception?) more enjoyable then the vtec 'just kicked in y0' moment and i never got 45mpg out of my civic lol!

GT 86
I had a straight through magnex, 6x4 oval twas a bit loud, probably worse in the car than out. Maybe that's what's knackered my hearing lol. Used to get about 23 ish to the gallon from my civic 27 if I was lucky, though it was Nighthawk Black which as we know was the fastest colour :D . Fuel wise with the Clio I'm getting high 20's from it :evil: very rarely in to the 30's

Last edited:
  Looking for a Clio..

So sorry for your loss, Ive had family taken this way too. I like your positive outlook and a celebration is always better than mourning.

Enjoy the Clio. Im hoping to get myself one soon.

Clio 172 Cup
I had a NHB one to, i agree its the fastest! Though now ive had a chance to rummage about in the CS.net forums a remap might be on the cards after i get the many shopping trolley battle scars removed. I think its had something done to it already though, theres a full exhaust system that i designed and an air filter but it sounds and goes like its either cammed or something as it goes like the clappers when you wind it up but when sat there it has that 'im lumpy n you know it' attitude.

Mr homeless, i hope you do, its a riot and this is coming from someone who spent his life on the jdm side of life.