ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello people, just picked up my first RS product

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Hi,

Just picked up a 2003 172 in silver this evening (not sure which silver? looks ever so slightly bluey). Was a good deal to be honest, been trying to sell my 2002 Laguna DCi for a few weeks with a "will part ex for following..." in the ad with not much luck, but someone got in touch last night and offered me a straight swap for the Clio. It isn't quite perfect but certainly will be soon, needs some CV joints, few bushes etc on front suspension, and a new steering wheel. Apart from that in lovely condition so very happy. He was very happy with the Laguna too. Also, I HPI'd the Clio and it was previous cat D as owner proclaimed to me, I checked for accident repairs etc throroughly and all seems in order.

Clio is standard apart from Koni shocks and springs. All I want for it is an induction kit and a set of Anthracite Turini's. Planning on trackdays very soon too, used to have a Pug 306 GTI-6 so really interesting comparing it to the Pug as I did a few trackdays in that......

So, hello!! Look forward to getting into yet another forum (this is my 5th car, and 4th car forum I've got involved in over the years).

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
By the way, forgot to mention where I am, live in Basildon and work as an engineer at Ford Dunton.

Look forward to meets etc coming up round here...... :)

A Flamin' Red one
Welcome to the club! As Fletcher said, your car is Iceberg Silver. The 182s are Titanium Silver. Why the transition to a RS then? :)

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Welcome to the club! As Fletcher said, your car is Iceberg Silver. The 182s are Titanium Silver. Why the transition to a RS then? :)

Had to sell the GTI-6 7 months ago in order to relocate to Essex from North Yorkshire, so was gonna be doing lots of miles and with relocation was naturally very skint. So obtained the Laguna DCi. The Laguna served its purpose superbly (amazing car for the money!!) so I decided about a month ago it was time for something quick again. The Clio feels like a nice small upgrade from the Pug, possible a little quicker, and a lot newer and more modern. Handlings not quite as, erm, lairy? They are a hoot the GTI-6's.

Can't wait for my first trackday in the 172.

Hello and welcome to Cliosport.

I am local to you and work at Dunton as well.

Aahh awesome, where abouts in Dunton? What do you do? I'm in PCSE in gasoline calibration. Only been there just over 7 months.

I am in body engineering (closures group) mate. Living in Billericay at the moment so not far from Basildon.

Only been in the job 8 months my self, relocated from Cornwall.

Clio 172 Cup , 200SX S13
Hey mate , I work at Dunton too in Diesel calibration . Seems to be a small collection of us!

Think I've seen your 172 , you got dark anthracite Speedline 2118's?

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
Hey mate , I work at Dunton too in Diesel calibration . Seems to be a small collection of us!

Think I've seen your 172 , you got dark anthracite Speedline 2118's?

Woohoo I've been spotted already!! :) Yes thats mine, not even had it a week yet and I've got my perfect wheels already, fitted them on sun night.

So yours will be the blue one that parks in the car park by the nursery then? Very nice, been eyeing that up since I started!

So anyway guys, I've been using the forum for a week or so now and I've searched for as much as I can as people always should first on forums. But there are one or two things I'd like to ask:

For some reason, my front track isn't quite wide enough to fill my arches with the standard 172 5 spokes or my new 2118's, why is this? I've never seen one like it before? I think the front end may have been involved in an accident and repaired at some point, could it have had a 182 cup arches put on or something (if they are wider?)? Confused.:S Dpesn't matter too much as I'll sort some hubcentric spacers out, but i'd like to know why this is?

Horrible, loud vibrating noise coming from below gear stick in cabin around mid rpm range, thought innitially was a heatshield, after checking it seemed fine and after searching on here it seems its most probably the baffles in the centre section, would this sound about right?

Does anyone on here play with the calibrations (maps etc) on their ecu's here? I know companys like K Tec do off the shelf remaps but since its my field at work wouldn't mind having a go at home once I have the correct software for my laptop etc. Not sure where to go to get info on this really.

Cheers!