ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from South Wales

looking for a clio
Whats up guys, my names ben, im 23 from south wales, ive been driving just over 3 years now but not had a car for a year.

Im planning on buying a car in the next month or so and i really want a clio has to be phase 2 by the look of it and its gotta have the black dash! so i thought where best to get some advice than from the people who know, i got a few plans for a little project so i look forward to getting to know you all over the coming months!

Ill keep my eye on the for sale thread, and as soon as i buy anything ill get some pics up for yall!

looking for a clio
wasnt expecting so many welshies, feels like home already! haha from newport guys, near cardiff for those who dont know :)

and kevin im looking at starting with a mk 2 phase 2 1.2 dynamique or extreme and working from there, no doubt im gona change my mind multiple times along the way, and the current budjet wont buy insure and run a 172 or 182! might get to that spec after a while though!

Jap Box
christ ive never seen so many south wales peeps on her,i never see anyone on the road :eek:

Same here, ive spotted one person so far, and no one owned up to it :( Its been over a year now and still nothing!

wasnt expecting so many welshies, feels like home already! haha from newport guys, near cardiff for those who dont know :)

and kevin im looking at starting with a mk 2 phase 2 1.2 dynamique or extreme and working from there, no doubt im gona change my mind multiple times along the way, and the current budjet wont buy insure and run a 172 or 182! might get to that spec after a while though!

Ahh not near my neck of the woods :( im more South west tbh. Dynamique is a good starting point :) just stay clear of the MK2 PH2 8v models such as the authentique and expression I believe. Their engines are meant to be pants.

looking for a clio
Ahh not near my neck of the woods :( im more South west tbh. Dynamique is a good starting point :) just stay clear of the MK2 PH2 8v models such as the authentique and expression I believe. Their engines are meant to be pants.

thanks for the heads up, im looking at any phase 2 with the black dash, but ill deffinatley keep en eye out for the 8v engines, what are clio engines like for milage? ive seen a few with over 150k so 80 - 90 k still got some life in them?

Jap Box
thanks for the heads up, im looking at any phase 2 with the black dash, but ill deffinatley keep en eye out for the 8v engines, what are clio engines like for milage? ive seen a few with over 150k so 80 - 90 k still got some life in them?

Think all dynamiques/extremes etc have the black dash. My mates DCI had the beige one and beige seats and its disgusting!

Well my 1998 1.2 8v PH1 is on 140,000 now and its fine, thats without an oil change for 20,000 too, it is due one pretty much now though as I think its sick of being topped up constantly.

I take mine up to about 5k before each gear change, pulls perfectly and has started first time everytime, idles perfect.

I did have another PH1 on 90,000 though and that was a piece of s**t for the 2 days I had it, took 3 attempts to start most of the time, might have been down to the timing being slightly out though.

looking for a clio
Think all dynamiques/extremes etc have the black dash. My mates DCI had the beige one and beige seats and its disgusting!

Well my 1998 1.2 8v PH1 is on 140,000 now and its fine, thats without an oil change for 20,000 too, it is due one pretty much now though as I think its sick of being topped up constantly.

I take mine up to about 5k before each gear change, pulls perfectly and has started first time everytime, idles perfect.

I did have another PH1 on 90,000 though and that was a piece of s**t for the 2 days I had it, took 3 attempts to start most of the time, might have been down to the timing being slightly out though.

Yeah im not the keenest on the couloured dashboards, but it will be replaced by a flocked dash eventually, but the black one is tidy, i heard the renault engines are pretty tough and pretty economical which is what i need at the moment, as soon as i find a nice tidy one at an affordable price ill be buying it and then the fun can start :)

Jap Box
Yeah im not the keenest on the couloured dashboards, but it will be replaced by a flocked dash eventually, but the black one is tidy, i heard the renault engines are pretty tough and pretty economical which is what i need at the moment, as soon as i find a nice tidy one at an affordable price ill be buying it and then the fun can start :)

Yep aslong as their maintained their decent enough :)

Im looking at flocking mine, need to sort next years insurance in a month though, then the MOT 2 weeks later so its just waiting for now to see if I can afford insurance and if it will pass :rasp:

They can be economical if you drive economically and service the car etc. Currently mine hugely overdue a service and the way ive had to drive to get to work the past few days (idiots sitting in the overtaking lane for ages holding me up) has taken my MPG down hugely ha ha.

looking for a clio
Yep aslong as their maintained their decent enough :)

Im looking at flocking mine, need to sort next years insurance in a month though, then the MOT 2 weeks later so its just waiting for now to see if I can afford insurance and if it will pass :rasp:

They can be economical if you drive economically and service the car etc. Currently mine hugely overdue a service and the way ive had to drive to get to work the past few days (idiots sitting in the overtaking lane for ages holding me up) has taken my MPG down hugely ha ha.

flocking and flat bottom steering wheel will be top of my list, got the steering wheel from my last car, so just gona have to get the boss for the clio, and i can drive economically when i need to make my petrol last, but i suppose if im getting a little engine and like a bit of speed i cant get it all, maybe ill look at the 1.4 or 1.6s :p

got a thread on here for your car?

Jap Box
flocking and flat bottom steering wheel will be top of my list, got the steering wheel from my last car, so just gona have to get the boss for the clio, and i can drive economically when i need to make my petrol last, but i suppose if im getting a little engine and like a bit of speed i cant get it all, maybe ill look at the 1.4 or 1.6s :p

got a thread on here for your car?

Ha ha, yeah my aim is always to make the petrol last, it never happens though.

Heres a link, pics at the end is basically how it is now, maybe a pic on the next page of it too with the newest allos (A mess) need to get around to spraying them black.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...MK2-1.2-Capsicumm-(Very-pic-heavy)&highlight=

looking for a clio
Ha ha, yeah my aim is always to make the petrol last, it never happens though.

Heres a link, pics at the end is basically how it is now, maybe a pic on the next page of it too with the newest allos (A mess) need to get around to spraying them black.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...MK2-1.2-Capsicumm-(Very-pic-heavy)&highlight=

i know what u mean with the petrol, i think the term is "lead foot" :p

its looking tidy, black alloys would look pretty smart, nice to see everyone chipping in with their ideas too, cant please everyone though can ya ;) lol everytime i see threads like that it makes me want a car back more and more.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Welcome another dragon blooded man :),
Newport not to far from me mate i'm from Ponty.
As to not seeing many about i've seen quite a few sports around here including 2 trophy's but not sure if any are on here.

Good luck in your search for a car mate

looking for a clio
Welcome another dragon blooded man :),
Newport not to far from me mate i'm from Ponty.
As to not seeing many about i've seen quite a few sports around here including 2 trophy's but not sure if any are on here.

Good luck in your search for a car mate

cheers fella, hopfully it wont be too long till theres another clio on the roads here! looking 6 weeks, 2 months max!

R

robclio182

Welcome aboard , your not that far away from me , Good luck with the car search to

Clio 172
I lived in Ponty for 2 years might have seen my 172 knocking about, I'm still down that way regularly! I have an Iceberg 172. Quite a few 1*2s down Bridgend way where I'm living now!

If insurance and running costs is an issue why not try a DCI?

Jap Box
I lived in Ponty for 2 years might have seen my 172 knocking about, I'm still down that way regularly! I have an Iceberg 172. Quite a few 1*2s down Bridgend way where I'm living now!

Im at Bridgend quite often as I used to live there, never seen anyone from cliosport :(

Also at the OP, thought of looking at any PH1's? Most will be a cheaper option :) id have gone DCI myself but couldnt face the fact of being ripped into by all my mates about having a "Van" one of the boys bought a clio DCI 5 door and he gets it everyday off them :rasp:

looking for a clio

ive looked at the dci and if i can get one for the right price then it would be ideal, decent mpg and the interior is tidy.

Im at Bridgend quite often as I used to live there, never seen anyone from cliosport :(

Also at the OP, thought of looking at any PH1's? Most will be a cheaper option :) id have gone DCI myself but couldnt face the fact of being ripped into by all my mates about having a "Van" one of the boys bought a clio DCI 5 door and he gets it everyday off them :rasp:

i prefer the shape of the lights on the ph2 i spose i cant get everything though ill see whats about when the time comes, a dci ph2 would be ideal for now though!

Welcome.

Which part of Newport are you from?

from crindau fella!