ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from SA and some questions

4 Clio's
I've always been a fan of the Clio 172/182 and have been keeping an eye out recently for one but they are pretty scarce over here and I want something mint. While searching for a Sport I picked up nice a 2005 1.4 16V to replace my wife's Alfa V6 Sportwagon. I also bought a neat 2004 1.2 16V and a 2001 1.4 8v with a small hole in the sump and siezed motor! I'll be pulling the motor this week and having a look to see if a rebuild is viable. I run a small budget car rental business and am planning on adding the 2 Clio's to the fleet and buying a few more. So here is the question. As far as buying for my rental fleet goes, which is the most suitable Clio 2 to buy? And I don't mean which is the nicest. I mean which is the most economical to run in terms of reliability, ease and cost of maintenance, availability of spares etc. I'm not worried about power or fuel consumption. Would I be correct in assuming the old 1.4 8V might be the best bet?

Ian