ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from R.O.Ireland !!

Clio 182
Well folks, I'm from Limerick but come from Belfast in Ireland, and I think I've seen about 2 172's and 1 182 in the last 6 years in the south. I'm beginning to think Renault Ireland just didn't sell them.

Anyway, after my last french diaster a few years back (A mk1 saxo vts I swear was made from chocolate) costing me a fortune, I went German and had a string of bmw's, also costing me a fortune... Now I'm back with something french!

A lovely 2005 silver clio 182.

I've done 250 miles in it in 2 days and I'm in love. It doesn't have the torque of my old e36 m3 but it's certaintly cheaper to run and a lot more fun!

The car must have been on here before because it's got a cliosport stiker on the rear window!

Pics stolen from the previous owner!

IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

Last edited:
  275 Trophy
Love that fella, looks really nice. I would be interested in some more comparisons between the M3 and the clio. I would advise you to join up here, deffo worth it for the info / banter as long as your not thin of skin.

Clio 182
Jump starting that said m3 this evening.

IMG_0728_small.jpg

The m3 was great, the torque was immense. You put your foot down in 70 and it just pulls and pulls and doesn't let up. The clio seems to run out of puff when you put your foot down at those speeds and takes a bit longer to get going. Around the coutry roads etc the clio comes into it's own, it's such a fun car to drive and very rev happy, it handles excently and your always certain you'll make it out alive.... unlike the m3!

As far as interior etc goes, the m3 had less toys, mine was quite basic, no traction control, no cruise control, no air con etc. but the seating position is better and of course there's more room than the clio.

Just waiting till the new owner comes and picks it up now!