ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from prospective 182 owner. Should I?!

E46 BMW 330d touring
Hi peoples,
I have recently become interested in buying a clio 182 (heart set on it). Cant remember how I came to the decision to be honest.
Just bit bored of my current car and don't tend to keep cars for too long! Think I've read all reviews possible on the 182 and got to test drive one last week.
Was a lovely little beasty, but only had a short blast.

Currently driving a BMW e46 330d. It's a great car but I'm bored! I really crave the 'rawness' (real word?) of another hot hatch.
Someone care to talk me into/ out of buying a 182?!!

Anyway,been lurking for a few days and forum looks like a great source of info and a good laugh too.
Thanks for reading.
Bang tidy.;)
Will

BMW E90 & PH2 172
I also drive a Bmw E46 "Daily" Love it tbh but the buzz my little clio gives me you cant beat, For day to day driving the Bmw wins hands down pure luxury and chilled back, But for pure thrill of the clio i love it, Best of both worlds.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
2.0 Clio is a step backwards imo but it'll save you money on overall running costs, just be aware that they're getting to the age that they need some money spending to freshen them up.

E46 BMW 330d touring
Thanks for your replies folks.
I'd love to be able to keep the beemer and have the 182, but money doesn't allow!

I know some may see it as a step back, and in some ways thats correct. But the beemer is actually older than the clios I'm looking at and has it's own bits and pieces that need/ will need freshening up too.

I love the car to bits but it is just a bit boring really! I always name my cars but havent for some reason with the 330?
Its a great car and a lovely place to be and really pretty rapid too. Just something I cant put my finger on?
Anyway, if anyone is after a boring diesel car then let me know!:boring:

E46 BMW 330d touring
Cant wait gents! I'm fully aware that buying older cars comes with it's bills. I've never owned a very new car really!
I'll obviously make sure belts are done etc.
Just been drooling over pics on calendar thread. Such sexy little cars. Have a soft spot for the 172 also, but am after a 182 defo. Racing blue with white alloys makes me feel nyom inside.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Welcome along mate. Do it...perfect car for twisty Welsh roads.

You could always buy my 172 cup, I know its not a 182 but u said you wanted "Rawness" :) cheap and from a fellow welshie

Italian 3.2 V6
Ino it's not as raw as a Clio but sticking with the BMW, what about the petrol 330CI?

Clio's are awesome fun but there are so many dogs out there, plus youll hate the reliability and quality compared to the BMW.

IMO why downgrade? Get a 330Ci and do couple track days - Sorted!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Ino it's not as raw as a Clio but sticking with the BMW, what about the petrol 330CI?

Clio's are awesome fun but there are so many dogs out there, plus youll hate the reliability and quality compared to the BMW.

IMO why downgrade? Get a 330Ci and do couple track days - Sorted!

Might aswell keep the 330d, it's quicker than the petrol anyway.