ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Devonshire

Hullo

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=302330&page=2

Just joining in respect of this thread which I can't directly reply in. :) Noticed that it was my highest linked video on youtube so felt I should join up, take a look, and perhaps answer some of the comments/questions for a better understanding. :)

Maybe my post count being 1 will let me now? :cool:

OK. So I can't apparently so shall attempt to here. :)

QUOTE "It might be quick but you wouldn't see it take off with that massive cloud of sh*t coming out the back."

It doesn't really smoke like that on the road. Using full boost does not produce the kind of soot cloud it does flooring it way off boost at 1500rpm. Peeps need to re-watch the video and see how it cleans up when the turbo whistle/exhaust becomes audible.

QUOTE "Lol fair point! I bet the clutch smells lovely too!"

As said on the thread, I now have a 4kg single mass flywheel and a clutch rated to 560 lb/ft at the wheels. I doubt I will ever achieve that torque figure from a 1.9

QUOTE "rear lights must be good for 50bhp at least"

They've gone and I'm on stock lights now. :)

QUOTE "Still handle like jelly."

I admit it did, but now it's lowered on KW V1 coilies, has brembos from a leon cupra R, and a peloquin diff fitted. handling is very much spot on (for a derv)

QUOTE "would it pass a mot with that much smoke lol"

It's passed 2. :D There's a difference between revving it under load, and revving it neutral as they do in an MOT test. It doesn't chuck hardly anything just revving it on the spot.

QUOTE "you'd look like a tw*t as pepole will think its busted. plus you'd be pulled over and fined everytime you drove it"

Fair play, if I catch it wrong and try to floor it too low down, it will smoke and I have been flashed on occasion. My own fault for not shifting down a cog or two before hammering it. Been pulled and fined before but it was for mis-spaced numberplates, not the smoke. (now on legal plates before anyone says anything...)

QUOTE "Would rinse a few cars in straight line...maybe even just maybe tan a 172 cup if it was 'off cam'..."

Good point. A 172 is a quick little bugger, helped by longer in gear performance. I'd be shifting up at 4500rpm the whole time, which takes time. What does a 172 do? I've had an official 6.84 seconds at TRAX, not running my NOS kit (so around 240hp) and done a 15 flat at the Pod (again, no NOS)

QUOTE "it could have 560845602bhp... it'll still look crap and be powered by the devil's own fuel"

Fair play. I understand some poeple do not like diesels. But I get 600 miles+ from a £45 tank of diesel as long as I don't cane it everywhere, so I save money in the long run. Also £115 for car tax, and group 6 insurance (obviously a modified car tailored policy)

QUOTE "But thats going to have some serious overtaking punch"

Yeah, if I catch it right with the revs at the start of the manouever it's quick. However, being short powerband (compared to a 172 for eg) I might have to shift during the manouvere, which is not ideal. The new clutch and flywheel helps to be able to make very fast shifts though.

QUOTE "no smoke no poke"

LOL! too true. Look at tractor pulling and some of the videos on Youtube of their huge tuned pickups. Smoke = power. Antisocial power true, but still power. :D

Some new(ish) pics.

DSCN1916.gif

DSCN1636.gif

DSCN1565.gif

and something tasty waiting to be fitted.

DSCN1623.gif

DSCN1625.gif

Last edited:
Bump.

Bit odd why only the "other marques" is a paid member forum?

Can someone kind and generous copy paste the above into the other thread, please? No offence, but I'm not paying a fiver to join a renault forum when I drive a car that came from well east of France. :D

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Nice to hear a bit more about the car mate.

Its certainly quite a little beast of a derv :)

Aha! A response! LOL

I'm from the Dawlish area, but usually galavanting around.

If I was spotted in the Ideford dip on the A380 I suspect I was on my way to audit one of my work's clients in Newton Abbot. Good to have been spotted and remembered. :D

Loving the anti-skoda banter in the other thread. Shame I can't reply there, but it's good to see the Skoda reputation lives on since the Communist times! :D

Indeed it is NOT a vRS :D It's officially a PD100 which has undergone a full pd130 conversion under my watchful eye (and I did pick up a spanner to help out every now and then)

Thought I'd post some pics up from the history of my Skoda ownership

My previous fabia I crash, bought off insurers and broke myself. That's me driving a swingshovel onto it! LOL
mini-Picture026.gif

Car on anthracited Octavia vRS 17" rims. Now sold on again
DSCN1939.gif

Video of me doing 0 - 110, in the wet, no grip :( on a private road. note once past 90, the next increment doubles from 90-110, hence it apparently slowing down.
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/devonutopia/?action=view&current=FAB-SPEED.flv

Vid of me on airfield in Czech Republic (Yes, I did drive all the way there and back) with previous turbo on
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/devonutopia/?action=view&current=WOOSHING_ETC.flv

Current most up to date dyno plot
JKMDYNO.gif

From a carshow last summer. These are the rims I am running now
P7290682-1.gif

An arty shot to finish
DSCN9763.gif

PS: I got through my MOT without any "throttle pedal brick mods" with no advisories. That was last week, and I taxed the car today too - £120 for 12 months, and it will be £110 to tax for 12 months next year. :D

By the way - after seeing about the poor handling TDI thing in the other thread, I have pretty much got it sorted now. It's comparable with the average petrol hot hatch now, mainly due to the below

Ibiza Cupra 02M 6 speed box being lifted into my engine bay. Exact replacement for my old box, but this one contains.... (see below)
DSCN1679.jpg

Peloquin diff! Not technically an LSD but does the same thing. Torque biasing diff. Chucks down power to the wheel with most grip in a corner, so it throws you around bends once is senses the inside wheel is losing grip and the offside wheel spins up faster. In a straight line it also means you leave 2 black tyre marks in the road, not like with normal diff
peloquin8.jpg

Fiesta ST
Aha! A response! LOL

I'm from the Dawlish area, but usually galavanting around.

If I was spotted in the Ideford dip on the A380 I suspect I was on my way to audit one of my work's clients in Newton Abbot. Good to have been spotted and remembered. :D

Loving the anti-skoda banter in the other thread. Shame I can't reply there, but it's good to see the Skoda reputation lives on since the Communist times! :D

seen you many of times, im from dawlish aswell tinted black clio