ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Brazil!

Sandero R.S. / Clio
Hello,

I registered here a long time ago but never posted. In Brazil, Renault only sold Clios with a 1.0 8v/16v and 1.6 8v/16v engines, and I always liked the Clio RS so decided I'd build one myself with the parts I could (as I couldn't import one because the taxes are extremely high, more than 121%!).

I bought a Megane 2.0 16v (with a F4R 740) and swapped the engine, gearbox, brakes, etc to the Clio and now I'm buying performance (and RenaultSport) parts in the UK to make it faster and handle better.

I haven't installed yet but got:
- RS 182 intake manifold
- Custom 4-2-1 exhaust manifold
- Wossner 12.6:1 CR forged pistons
- KTR forged rods
- Catcams 421s
- RS 182 valve springs
- Standalone ECU
- larger bosch injectors (will run on ethanol)
and some other parts.

The car is stripped on the inside, doesn't have air conditioner, power steering, ABS, rear seats, spare tires, sound deadening and some other things, weighing less than 870kg as it is right now!

I'm thinking about getting now the KTR alloy top mounts, KTR braided brake lines, 8.5mm Magnecor ignition leads, Carbon Lorraine brake pads, complete set of poly bushings and KW Variant 1 inoxline coilovers or the Weitec GT ones, but I'm still undecided which one of them is best for me (they're the same apart from the stainless body on the KW, right?)

I'll probably join the ClioSport Club too.

This is one of the only pictures I have of it right now:
IMG_2247_RS.jpg

And this is very old, when it still had the 1.0 16v and 5Zigens with R888:
LeTurtle_LowSat4.jpg

Thanks!

Bruno

Sandero R.S. / Clio
Yeah, and it's the same price as regular gas (it's 30% cheaper, but the car also uses 30% more of it... but you can run higher boost or compression ratio and get more power)!

Sandero R.S. / Clio
Thanks! I just decided I'll get the KW Variant 2 instead of the Weitec or KW V1 as it's better to buy good things once than "not so good" things many times!

As soon as they arrive I'll take some better pictures and post here!

Vaxhall Zafira
And you'll have to send loads of praise and thanks to the amazing lad in the UK who keeps shipping you out loads of parts! He must be a real cool guy! Ha!

Sandero R.S. / Clio
Haha!

I can't forget to mention none of this could be accomplished without the huge help of a great guy in the UK that had a lot of headaches getting stuff, storing, shipping and helping me decide what to get (and it's far from over! Ha!!!)!

Thanks a lot Andy, when you come to Brazil I'll get you many six packs of a great locally made ale :D

Just installed the KW V2, KTR alloy top mounts, KTR braided brake lines, Powerflex bushings and new bearings and the car is simply awesome.

Clio sport 2.0 16v 172ph1
incredible project bruno im from Argentina! we have Renault Sport here did you checked mercadolivre or something here they sell everything of RS.
add me to msn if you want!!

IF you need something just let me know!

Sandero R.S. / Clio
Hey Demi. I sent you a PM some time ago, did you get it?

I looked at mercadolibre and mercadolivre but couldn't find the parts... I'm trying to get the whole RS bodykit (front bumper, rear bumper, both fenders/wings, both skirts) and don't know yet if it would be easier to get from the UK or Argentina.... My father in law is from Cordoba and I could order the things there (or drive down 5000km to Buenos Aires to get them ehehe).

Thanks!

Vaxhall Zafira
Ha, cheers Bruno! Think you should start a progress blog if you have enough pics of the stages mate.