ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from a Fiesta ST owner

Hi all, my name is Ashley and currently own an ST which is here:

I ahve been looking at clio's and really starting to get tempted, I drove a 197 f1 edition (no. 33 I think) and a 200 (not sure what kind of trim i.e cup etc) and very much preferred the 197 f1 edition so looking at possibly getting one, I'll have my fiesta to p/x plus a couple of k, looking to spend about 7.5 or my Fiesta +1.5 :)

Anyway here are the cars I looked at today:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/416240_10151030938061230_655988349_o.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/339858_10151030940371230_701523612_o.jpg

I have a couple of questions, firstly would I be able to get the wheels from the 200 onto the 197? Also the 197 seemed to have a very hard clutch, is this a general thing or just limited to that car? Another question is the steering wheel seemed a long way from me (almost like the pedals were quite far forward) as I have long legs I had to reach a bit, can the position be altered? Does anyone else have that issue? And lastly I can see this one has a spoiler but others online do not, is it an optional extra? Do the ones with a spoiler come with anything else?

Anyway here are some pics of my ST :) shes well loved (ignore the missing plastics, I take them off to wash the car :rasp:)

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/202435_10150994869521230_1871110251_o.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/326543_10150997496956230_1882432974_o.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
White 200's are lovely! Espesh that second link you posted!

Clutch is normal, you get used to it!

Spoilers are optional, I'm not keen on them tbh.

Welcome!

Thanks guys, the 200 was very nice, the wheels, the dash and the interior yellow touches were all very nice, however I personally don't think it's worth the extra 1.5-2k and the brakes were a bit poor. Plus the F1 edition has the 'Unique' factor which I like :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys, the 200 was very nice, the wheels, the dash and the interior yellow touches were all very nice, however I personally don't think it's worth the extra 1.5-2k and the brakes were a bit poor. Plus the F1 edition has the 'Unique' factor which I like :)

200 brakes poor? The brakes are anything but poor. You see a lot more exotic machinery with the same brembo set ups, certainly miles better under braking than my mates ST.

Welcome along.

200 brakes poor? The brakes are anything but poor. You see a lot more exotic machinery with the same brembo set ups, certainly miles better under braking than my mates ST.

Welcome along.

This one must have been broken then as stamping on the pedal did little more than what my st can do whereas the 197 could stop on a pin. It did have bald tyres aswell though which is never a good sign.

I'm getting rid as I was either going to push the ST to 200 or spend the money on a new car, had a drive of some and the Clio was much better in.handling and smoother through the gears than the ST.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi Ashley, check out steve at rsport cars on the forum traders he will sort you with a nice spec car, im not sure if he will take a fiesta st as px also ask if the red 197 has been modified as it has a ktec racing sticker other than that they are all nice to drive, have fun ian:race:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
This one must have been broken then as stamping on the pedal did little more than what my st can do whereas the 197 could stop on a pin. It did have bald tyres aswell though which is never a good sign.

I'm getting rid as I was either going to push the ST to 200 or spend the money on a new car, had a drive of some and the Clio was much better in.handling and smoother through the gears than the ST.

Same brake set up on 197's & 200's to be fair. They must have been glazed or sh*gged.

Hi jack I will pm you some info tonight if that is ok?

Advikaz there must have been something wrong with them if they are the same. Very poor indeed!

Thanks Ian I'll drop him a pm ;)

1eight2
I don't like 200's in white for some reason, they seem like a bland colour for such an awesome car.

Red 197 all day long unless it was an Yellow, Green or Blue 200 imo.

PM'd you Jack

I really liked it in white, looked lovely, I think the yellow touches were nice aswell but may be a bit much day to day, can you get red seat belts to go in the 197 f1 edition?