ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heavy clutch

what could be causing this a problem with the clutch cable maybe? also biting point seems very high??

[Edited by royalsgoingup on 29 June 2004 at 12:17pm]

Heavy Clutches usually mean the clutch has nearly had it..

The cable will probably snap if its too heavy, heh.

should a clutch really be going on a car with only 30k on it and just 2yrs old

really not wanting a new clutch as thats like £1k from renault

Ziel Nurburgring

Others have complained of early expiring of clutches on here with 172s. Most of the time you will just have to argue with the dealer as they will without question say it is wear and tear/abuse. Tell them to stick it and thats it was sold as a Sports car built to take a hard life......

twas bit of a bastid to fit on the willy, the area around the ratchet mechanism on the clutch is tight :mad: very frustrating ha ha

Quote: Originally posted by mark266 on 29 June 2004

twas bit of a bastid to fit on the willy, the area around the ratchet mechanism on the clutch is tight :mad: very frustrating ha ha
LMFAO we had exactly the same prob with my mums willy, We did it in the front drive but after FINALLY gettin it thru and on, it was catching, would just ping straight back out, so had it trailerd to garage where it was an engine out jobby and a £400 (trade price) bill...nice

Quote: Originally posted by supasexyspeedy on 29 June 2004
we had exactly the same prob with my mums willy

Am i the only one immature enough to find that hilarious?

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 29 June 2004

You can get it done for less than £1k I think you can get it for £250.
My mechanic will do the clutch on a 172 for £250ish labour (maybe less)

well that makes me feel alot better hpefully it wont be the clutch itself and just the cable booked in for monday so i will find out then i guess

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by dudelove on 29 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by supasexyspeedy on 29 June 2004

we had exactly the same prob with my mums willy

Am i the only one immature enough to find that hilarious?
No, i thought about a post an then thought again as i thought i might get told off. Mums and willies, Nadia nadia nadia

found out what it was, the clutch had ceased and woudlnt budge wen tryin to sort the new clutch cable, so thats why it was engine out jobby and £400! The clutch now tho is so heavy, after driving my civic which has no feel AT ALL! the williams litrally pushs my foot off with some force changin gear!

My 16V and Willy clutches have been very, very heavy - even my Mk1 1.2s was!

If its a real bother you can get a "soft pedal" conversion from BB Tuning.