ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heaters not hot?

MK2
MK2 2001 Clio heaters never got hot, at the most just a tiny bit of warmth after an hour or two of driving what could be the issue?

Could be, possibly a kink in the cable. I'm not sure how common that is to Clio's as I'm on my first one, but it has climate control. I had a Focus and the cables were prone to linking on them.

Either that or the cable/dial/flap has somehow gone out of sync if you get me.

If you look down beside the pedals you should be able to see the bottom of the heater box where the cables go, turn the temperature control one and watch it to see if it travels the full way

172 Ph1
Make sure the knob that turns the hot moves [emoji817] % .
If that's ok then it'll be a blockage in the heater matrix.
Check the outlet hose temperatures .

You mention not being able to use the dial for the temperature, but what is the cars temp gauge reading after 5-10 minutes from stone cold start?

Could be thermostat
Coolant over filled needs sorting, drain some out so it's right
Heater control cable (dial type non climate), runs down the drivers side of centre console onto the side of the heater box. Check that it is undamaged and clipped in with the metal clips which you can't miss. To do this just take out the centre console.