ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heaters in 182 stink, really stink. Please help!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon all,

Ive had this problem for over a month now. When putting the heaters on, its stinks, smells of horse poo. Im not exadjurating either when i say it smells as if a horse has squat over my face and dropped its load.

I heard about these air bomb things and a mate if mine gave that a go but it didnt solve it.

Ive never had this efoore, it happened all of a sudden randomly. Pollen filter was changed last year and that was the first time it had ever been changed in over 2 years so i really doubt its to do with beeding a new pollen filter.

Any ideas, ther must be an answer for this.

Many thanks
austin

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
It stinks no matter what setting mate. Mainly when i use the one that gets rid of the steamed up windows and also when we put the heat on to warm up. Its unbearable lol.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, i know it is, we laugh everytime we put them on, but at the same time its so anoying now. Wrf could it be? Has a horse s**t in the air vents!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
but it was only changed last year, before that the old one had been in years and it never caused a smell. even when i took it out it was black but hadnt caused any problems.

A.N. Other
Check there is nothing in the vents or vent intakes?! poke a flexible stick or tube or something down to see if there's anything rammed in there?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'm in kinks at this, can just see horse s**t steam coming out of your car everytime your heaters are on lol

MK3 Clio DCI 86
I'm in kinks at this, can just see horse s**t steam coming out of your car everytime your heaters are on lol

FLOL, also be sure not to turn the heaters up to max speed as you might get a sh***y face with bits of horse sh** flying around inside the cabin.

We get this stuff at work - Loctite Hygiene Spray. Supposed to be effective against bacteria and fungi. You have to leave the AC running on recirculate for 15 minutes or so and obviously you can't be in the car at the time so it's a bit of a PITA having to hang around while it's running. I just spend the time waxing polishing the car.

But yeah, I'd at least replace the filter first.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
So what am i looking for exactly?

Its dry and in tact still, a little dirty but no were near as dirty as the old one i took out so really cant see how this would cause a smell of pure horse s**t?

Please help, there must be something up to make it smell like horse shite!? Lol

f0f66c10.jpg

1dfc4a04.jpg

14e07f77.jpg

Civic Type R
I'd be checking for horse s**t if that's what it smells like lol

You left your car with a mate recently?

I had a car that stank of curry with the heaters on, ended up selling it.. Think it must of been used to transport immigrants across the border or something.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Hahahaha! No mate car is never left with anyone else. I dont think someones put horse s**t in my car lol, its defo something up somewere.

I did read before something about under the washer bottle but not sure the relevance of that to the heaters.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Did you sniff the filter :p

Seriously though I'm guessing bacteria build up in the ventilation system.

Aircon bomb (eBay) should see you right.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I did sniff the filter, and i even stuck my nose were the filter goes but couldnt smell horse manure.

Aur bomb has been done, didnt do anything.

I must find the solution, i can not take it anymore. When it first happened i acused my brother of farting, when he said he hadnt we both just thought the farmers fields must of been manured as every now and then that happens and the whole area stinks.

Civic Type R
Well it maybe something to do with the aircon then? Although I have never known them to smell of horse s**t. Are you sure no ones inserted a ''nugget'' when you weren't looking?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
No way mate, no ones really been in apart from my brother and gf, neither of them would of done anything lol.

I need to find out about the relevance of something under the washer bottle that im sure ive read before when searching that can cause a smell in the heaters.

Civic Type R
I think that's the washer bottle, but I thought it was only when you sprayed the windscreen, something to do with ''s**t'' building up in the bottom of it.

I know they sometimes smell Moldy / Musky, but horse s**t is a pretty specific scent. You may of driven through a field of s**t or something recently, a bit of s**t wedged somewhere underneath?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Recirculation! - He's already done that I think..
Oh mighty walking Oxford dictionary. I mentioned anti fungal spray right into the heater system, not the bombs that you can buy etc, I'm trying to help the op with advise rather than telling him to "remove the horse poo" etc

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Lol not drove through any horse poo fields.

As soon as i turn the heater on, it smells.

I might make a video and desbribe the smell as it happens so you know just what i mean lol.

Civic Type R
Oh mighty walking Oxford dictionary. I mentioned anti fungal spray right into the heater system, not the bombs that you can buy etc, I'm trying to help the op with advise rather than telling him to "remove the horse poo" etc

Lol trust me I am not a walking dictionary, pretty bad myself.

To be fair to me though, if there was horse poo, removing it was good advice.

Clio 182 arctic
is it the same through all the vents or a specific one. turn the blowers on and see if its just one. there may be something burning in one of them.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Does it only do it when the aircon is on? or does it do it when its off aswell?

sure someone hasnt stuck something smelly in one of the vents? :p

monaco blue clio 172
As said above its bacteria living inside the car, you will notice it more with the air con on. Get a spray from local motor factors and it be rite for a bit