ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater resistor pack

Audi TT Quattro
My heaters recently become stuck on so I'm assuming the heater resistor pack has failed. I've found a few places on eBay that refurb your units so was thinking of going down that route. My question is once I've removed my resistor pack and sent it away to be fixed, can I still use the car? Or will not having it connected be an issue?
And also is there any refurb company that people tend to use? Or are they all pretty similar?
Thanks
Daz

monaco 172
If it's stuck on 1 speed it will be the transistor inside the pack, it's dead easy to replace yourself and the new chip cost me 4 quid for a pair.

If you need the heaters while you have the pack out then just short the positive and negative on the connector. I had to do this as mine failed in the winter so needed it for icy morning.