ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater/Air-Con stopped working

Hi,

Just had the Air-Con on. When the fan just stopped working. The display is reading as normal but the fan is not blowing on both Heater and Air-Con. There is temp coming out the vents when it is on. But no fan.

Any ideas what this could be?

'04 182
Exactly the same thing happened to me today. Got in this morning and the fan was blowing full and wouldn't turn down, turned it off and back on again, and ended up with nothing ! Went about 15 miles with my head out of the window because it was so hot ! Then the next thing I realise it's working again as it should. Could do without that problem on a hot day, or even worse, with a misted up screen.

Resistor? Hmm okay. It's being checked over Sunday, I'll update when I know more. Hopefully it's something simple!

Audi S3 Saloon
Search 'Rheostat' on here mate, an almost inevitable problem.

Easy fix to do yourself though, takes about 5 minutes.

Listerine & Poledo
Bringing this thread back to life.....

Air con blows hot air to various degrees, the fans change speed fine, but I suspect that the air-con isn't chucking out cooled air on command. Additionally, the demister takes forever now.

Resistor or other?

PH1 172
Bringing this thread back to life.....

Air con blows hot air to various degrees, the fans change speed fine, but I suspect that the air-con isn't chucking out cooled air on command. Additionally, the demister takes forever now.

Resistor or other?

Air con needs topping up maybe?

Looking for 182
See my thread here - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?544408-Heater-fans-won-t-turn-off-resistor-pack

My symptoms were that the fans were stuck on full blast, however not working at all is also the same problem. It's the heater resistor pack, around £120 new from a Renault dealer (not much cheaper, if at all, from traders on here). You can easily fit it yourself, it's not complicated, but can be a bit fiddly.

It's located underneath the scuttle panel to the left of the windscreen wipers. It's bolted down with 2 x 6mm bolts, when you undo these you can pull it out. You'll need to unplug the cables running into it first though (well, you can do it after, but it might get in the way of undoing the bolts as it's quite tight in there).

You could buy one from a breakers for about £70, but be warned that they are a common problem it seems, so personally I'd buy new (I bought one from Clio Spares and it didn't work :().

I've also read about people who are handy with a soldering iron being able to fix them for about £5, so perhaps someone with the know how could help you out if you sent it to them.

Hope that helps.

It's the bit at the top right here, to the left of where the wipers are attached (not my photo)
96838710.jpg