ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heat shields how important?

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Basically I want to know how important heat shields are? I've already scrapped a couple due to removing HPAS and chucked the one that has a hole for the gear linkage due to rust. Now a couple at the rear are loose and I'm thinking of just getting rid.

Is it worth sourcing new ones or even attempting to repair them? TBH I would prefer to have none.

dan's cast offs.
Ah. Was assuming just exhaust heatshields. But if its on the new mot there will be a few wanted ads lol

from how it reads it's heatshields and undertrays etc. it may or may not go through, eml was meant to be a fail two years ago but it's only due to go through with this lot of changes this year plus a lot of testers have asked how are they meant to know when something is actually missing or not? they may well end up as a minor fail.