ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hear to help if i can, im a Renault tech.

hiya everyone,

finaly go me a MK1 clio 172.

taken me ages to get the insurance sorted but ive got it now, im 21 and i work for Renalut as a Tech, been with Renault for 5 years + now so if i can help with my QU you have i will give to a honest answer.

and if i can get any info to help ya i will get it posted.

as for the 182 they are comeing out, will be out in March and i cant wait to road test them, going to be rapid!

is there many on hear who has the V6 clio??

they are very nice but i wouldnt pay that much for it,

ive Raced a 172 and a V6 side by side off the mark, the 172 kicked arse till about 80 mph then the v6 slowly got past, both packed it in at 100mph due to being on road test and being Sales cars lol

wasnt ment to be out in them lol

but anyways, if i can help, feel free to ask away

p.s nice site by the way

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Mark,

Im ordering the new V6 but I aint paying 27K, try knocking off 6K!

Hello BTW, Im sure you will be inundated with queries!

thinking about it, saying im a Renault tech on a renault site was the wrong thing lmao, i should of kept quite lol

will have a look for ya..;)

Quote: Originally posted by marksmini on 31 January 2004

as for the 182 they are comeing out, will be out in March and i cant wait to road test them, going to be rapid!

ive Raced a 172 and a V6 side by side off the mark, the 172 kicked arse till about 80 mph then the v6 slowly got past, both packed it in at 100mph due to being on road test and being Sales cars lol
Encouraging couple of paragraphs for all the soon-to-be 182 owners around the country!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Hello there, yeah i dont think it was a good idea to introduce yourself as a Renault tech man lol

Yes there are quite a few MK1 V6s and MK2 V6s owners on here, also loads and loads of 172owners and a good few hand fulls of 16v/williams owners too.

Would did you think of the Mk1 V6 when it came out?

Hi quick question,

Can you get details of the 172 valve lift v CA for the inlet and exhaust cams. Would also need details of the phase shift at lower rpm. (If your wondering I do research at a university and would lik to build up an engine model using the computer software I have available).

If you can find out can you PM me the details.

ya tell me about it, keep getting pms lmao with qu lol

will help just give me time and will find out the answer to every qu if i can...

if it helps im currently looking fort a new job.

ones a Renault training officer teaching the renault techs and the other job which is looking good, is working for TVR which is also very good, not sure what do to, stay with renault, or go to a new job

ermmmm

Quote: Originally posted by black-cat on 31 January 2004

Hi quick question,

Can you get details of the 172 valve lift v CA for the inlet and exhaust cams. Would also need details of the phase shift at lower rpm. (If your wondering I do research at a university and would lik to build up an engine model using the computer software I have available).

If you can find out can you PM me the details.

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=66304&PagePosition=5http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=66304&PagePosition=5

Answered ages ago at the bottom and posted again several times.

But if your looking for the actual lift against a degree graph then you will need to measure the cam itself as Renault dont publish anything but timing and lift figures.

Phase shift at 1250rpm @ WOT and debate as to when it dephases at 4500 or 6500rpm.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

defo dephases at 4500(would post up some written proof if i had a scanner).can get all the timing figures etc for a 172 if needed.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by marksmini on 31 January 2004

is there many on hear who has the V6 clio??

they are very nice but i wouldnt pay that much for it,

wasnt ment to be out in them lol
Welcome to the site mate.

Its good to hear you guys dont disrespect peoples pride and joys:mad:

Welcome to the site mate.

Its good to hear you guys dont disrespect peoples pride and joys:mad:

chill, as i said it was a sales car and you wouldnt like it if you got a car off a dealer that had for example knocking noise at 60 mph or rattle at 80 or flat spots, so its part of are job to raod tset them, just so happend that another tech was out at the same time as me. telling me you wouldnt. if it was a costmers car then it would be differant.

Clio v6

What I always find strange is when you tell the service dept your car has a funny noise, rattle, wobble etc, at 140, they say sorry nothing they can do about that. So you just chuck the car away if theres a fault over 70 ?

If the car is supposed to perform at those speeds why cant they be fixed to perform properly ?

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 01 February 2004

defo dephases at 4500(would post up some written proof if i had a scanner).can get all the timing figures etc for a 172 if needed.

know the timing figures, but the literature like i said only says 6500, and i havent been on that course like you.

woooooooo

chill, im just a new member, just cos i work for Renault dont mean you can take all your anger out on me!

i just fix them, and i only work in one garage! so back off all you, i didnt come on hear to be spoken to like that all.

im just a guy who has a job same as all of you and drives a clio!

so if you have any other problems dont ask me, cos i cant be doing with that.

Dont worry about it mate........

they would all brag if they got to drive a fast car that didnt belong to them.

well i best not tell anyone that ive just about got a new job now as a tech at TVR and farria have eye, i will be hated even more then!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 01 February 2004

Race my car when i bring it in and ill rip you a new ass hole:mad:
You have some serious issues mate, how big are your arms again, its been a couple of days since you last told us?

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_CTR on 01 February 2004

You have some serious issues mate, how big are your arms again, its been a couple of days since you last told us?

lol,

New job, ya its a massive step up for me, nothing for defo but still great, thinks im in with a good chance.

o ya and new ones, main dealer

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 01 February 2004

Welcome mate..thats 4 of us now that I know of, me,you,jay and benr:)
lol, im not a renault technitian or employee anymore.

And when i was, i was a salesman.......

sales man for where??? Romford Renault? at a guess??

How long is my clutch supposed to last on my MkII 172???

Any ideas?

well all goes on the driveing realy, ive done clutchs on car that have done less than 100 miles, my clio has done 36k and never needed a clutch yet,

so just depends realy mate

why whats up? is it sliping? burning? loseing power?

what make you think you have a prob?

With your GIANT 18 mm c?ck! OOOO OOO your going to break his back (Ant and Dec style accent) :D

yeah ive seen a V6 against a 172 a number of times at crail and EVERY time the 172 just pips it....not very nice for whoever spent the 30k or whatever for the V6..OOPS!

xx debz xx

No serious issues atall, im a level headed guy. The comment was actually tongue in cheek. But thanks for the free advertising.

Can reno actually repair the bloody sunroof or what? Ive had it looked at 3 times and its going in next week while I wait. All they seem to do it but pink grease on it and a piece of cellotape acros the bar on the handle...very useful. I wish i got the electric one now...

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 02 February 2004

No serious issues atall, im a level headed guy. The comment was actually tongue in cheek. But thanks for the free advertising.

Oh yeah really toungue in cheek, did you like my free advertising the ladies will all be after your 18 mmer!:D

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by cliopower on 03 February 2004

Can reno actually repair the bloody sunroof or what? Ive had it looked at 3 times and its going in next week while I wait. All they seem to do it but pink grease on it and a piece of cellotape acros the bar on the handle...very useful. I wish i got the electric one now...
there is a proper renault technical note stating what sunroof mods to do.putting tape on the handle isnt one of them.go to another dealer i think.