ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit question!

1.4 16v Clio ;)
When i first bought my clio it already had a non standard unit in it... think it was a jvc.. anyway.. i had already got one that i loved which was in my saxo, so after 20 mins wapped the new one into my clio and it all seems to work fine but.... whenever i turn off engine, it resets all the controls and doesnt keep any modes or anything :s... is it something simple or....? Pleaseee help!!! :D

Cheers
Dan

Focus
Easy fix
On the wiring loom that goes into your stereo you will see a red wire and a yellow wire
They are usually joined together by a bullet connection and shielded in clear plastic...although not always, and they go red into red and yellow into yellow.
Disconnect them both and swap them round, so it goes yellow to red, and red to yellow
It's just one is a permanent live that keeps your stations and one is an ignition live that will cause you to lose any info stored everytime you switch the ignition off.
Do this and bobs your uncle
Cheers
Damo

Focus
Yes mate
You just need an autoleads adapter (or connect2) and a patch lead for your make of stereo.
Just fitted a kenwood into a mates Clio at the weekend, and it's pretty easy.
It does involve taking the top section of the dash off but it's easy really.
Probably around 20-30 quid for stalk adapter, 5 quid for patch lead and a couple of quid for a male aerial adapter.
You will be able to use your stalk for volume/cd track selection/att on/radio frequency search but your display will probably only show date and temp
Do a search on here which will throw up loads of info
Cheers
Damo