ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit is confused!!!

182/ 172 Cup
Hi, i have a issue with my standard headunit in my 172.

It doesn't realise when the ignition is off or on, when im driving it gives me the warning beep after 10 mins and switches its self off!! it should only do this while ignitions off!!

also when i do switch the ignition off the headunit stays on!!
I think the lives or something are the wrong way???

anyone help??

cheers kris

182/ 172 Cup
Can anybody confirm?

The car did previously to my ownership have a after market headunit and must have had something changed.

cheers kris

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Yep, sounds like red and yellow are swapped over. Either swapped in the ISO connector, or there will hopefully be some bullet connectors mid line which you could simply swap.

Ben

182/ 172 Cup
I checked and there was only a black wire that had been fiddled with, unless like you say the connector it's self has had the wires changed around?

What I did see was that the space for the connector on the actuall headunit has 4 prongs on one side and 3 on the other, but my ISO connector only has 3 wires on each side and a empty slot for another wire!. So the headunit has got one prong with nothing going to it, I wonder if the black should be connected to this as there isn't any other stray wires behind the dash?

182/ 172 Cup
The lives (red yellow) haven't been tampered with, there is a big fat black wire that goes into the headunit and it has had another black wire but thinner joined on to it by someone, There is also a black and grey striped wire that is not connected to anything!!! any ideas people??