ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit Help!!

Clio 172 Cup
My Jvc headunit has finally snuffed it after 3.5 hard used years, basically stopped playing cd's, radio isnt an option as id rather sing cliff richard songs than listen to anything on radio 1/ local commercial shyte.

basically im asking for some advise on which headunit to buy to replace it.
the only essential specs are:

£200 or below, 4x50watt(min), mp3, wma, rds, line in, pre outs, preferably not a jvc, face off and WORKS WITH THE CONTROL STALK ON MY 1999 CLIO(mk2 ph1).
not asking for much.lol

any help would be greatly appreciated as asking the guys at local halfords just gives the default, sony awesome(lie) or "the ripspeed units are pretty good" there not "pretty" and there anything but "good".

oh, the headunit will also need to be fully functional with my subs, eg. adjustable bass AND sub levels.

thanks
tom

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
thanks for the reply.the features are just what im looking for, however is there something a little more standard looking?im pretty clued up on the whole audio thing but i dont have a clue about the control stalk issue and i would really like to use the stalk to control the HU.can i just connect the brown block connetor from the remote or will the dash have to come out as well? i have the little screen with the clock in the corner.would like it all workin if possible? would also need a line in for my ps2 so i can have the sound from that coming through my system.

tom

Last edited:
  Works...kind of...
That's probably the most standard looking one you'd get for the money. It seems like the more expensive you go, the more flashy they become.

Apart from the P88RS but that's waaaay over your budget. ;)

To get the stalk and screen working, you need wiring kits. I'm not very clued up on those though but I've heard you need to buy two kits (one to connect to the headunit, one to connect to the stalk).

You can buy an aux box for Pioneer's (RB20 I think) for inputting devices.

Everything you'd need is on the above site.