ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headunit cutting out!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hi guys, right ive jsut fitted a new headunit and im getting the same problem as i did with my old one!

the problem is when the car is cold and i use the headunit it sometimes cuts out - happens even more when the temp is cold

it does the same thing then turning right sharp rights which i find very weird as all the wires are going down the passengers side??

what i mean but by out is just the music cutting out, the headunit is still on and the bass still comes through the sub its simply the music that stops

i have wired the headunit using block connectors (the ones with the screws on top), and they all seem to be secure

what could be the problem??

Clio 16v
hi guys, right ive jsut fitted a new headunit and im getting the same problem as i did with my old one!

the problem is when the car is cold and i use the headunit it sometimes cuts out - happens even more when the temp is cold

it does the same thing then turning right sharp rights which i find very weird as all the wires are going down the passengers side??

what i mean but by out is just the music cutting out, the headunit is still on and the bass still comes through the sub its simply the music that stops

i have wired the headunit using block connectors (the ones with the screws on top), and they all seem to be secure

what could be the problem??

Check that one of the speaker connections (on the back of the speaker) isnt loose and that is isnt touching the other connector or the bodywork.

If the sub stays on and you have replaced teh HU its the only thing it could be