ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headunit Advice Plzzzzz

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hello, Looking for a little advice please. My current headunit (a pioneer) is on its way out now due to a coffee spilling incident. Ive been browsing and quite like the 2 headunits below (also welcome to any other suggestions you may have). As said before i currently have a pioneer headunit, pioneer cd changer and the correct steering control adapter. however if the alpine (or any other brand) are significantly better ill happily get rid of the cd changer and can get the steering wheel controls working again for around a fiver so thats not a prob. Also whilst the bluetooth would be nice its not essential as i already have a headset.

Pioneer: DEH-P70BT - CD/MP3 PLAYER with BLUETOOTH
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3453.html

or

Alpine: CDA-9856R - CD/MP3 PLAYER
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4655.html

Audi TT 3.2 V6
how come mate? what was up with it, first negative comment ive ever read on the alpines

E39 530i
Get the alpine, I went with the pionner 55BT model, the one before the 70bt model and I hated it, display wasnt as good and sound. Alpine are the way forward.

Leon Cupra R 225
^NO. Simple - Get the Pioneer. I've had my DEH-P80MP since it came out 3 years ago and it's still as new. Also got it off Caraudiosecurity.co.uk for £290. The newer model's have bluetooth iirc, ipod adaptors etc. A great buy imo and I'll be buying one again early next year as I want bluetooth! :)

M135i
was just about to say you can get the 75bt for the same money as the 70bt. ive got the 70bt, the bluetooth is really useful. my bro has just had his 75bt delivered this morning so when ive put it in i'll let you know how it is.

Leon Cupra R 225
^ It'll be mint when fitted son. Awesome head units. Nearly all my electricals are Pioneer, hd tv, home cinema system included...

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
how come mate? what was up with it, first negative comment ive ever read on the alpines

Ok the problem list is as follows
1. slider control is rubbish
2. the flip front has broken so i cant but cds into it with out the front jamming ,it also rattles
3.It cuts out (i think due to heat behind the dash). Ive had it out and reseated it about 10 times now.
4. good luck finding a tune on the ipod!
5. its overly complex. If i ever crash the cup it will prob be cos im trying to do something on the radio.
It makes my blood boil thinking about it really! esp as it cost me a mint:mad:

Audi TT 3.2 V6
well ive seen the 70bt for £200 now which seems a good price...ive also seen the 77mp for £210...this doesnt have bluetooth but ive heard it an excelent headunit? anyone got any info on the 77mp?