ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights too high

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
One of my headlights is pointing ridiculously high when I turn the adjusters with a sleek key they don’t seem to be adjusting am I doing something wrong or are the lights f**ked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Your adjuster broken? Adjusting them whilst they're on?
Check your rear xenon leveller too on the rear beam but this shouldn't stop you adjusting them at the front

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Unsure without taking the bumper off and I cba lol! But may have to and give the lights a good look over

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You can tell from looking at the front. Is the xenon part resting down on the chrome? Take a photo of the front of both

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Drivers

a7b667c48086347bc4d05a3b42bbd7e4.jpg

Passengers

2e79a3d458ef6365620a0726af15f87c.jpg

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
May have to dismantle them and have a good luck

PH2 172
One of my headlights is pointing ridiculously high when I turn the adjusters with a sleek key they don’t seem to be adjusting am I doing something wrong or are the lights f**ked?
I found this old thread, which may or may not help, as only one of the contributors could spell allen key correctly.
You can disregard any reference to the levelling unit on the rear beam, as it operates both headlamps.
In my experience, if the adjuster is broken or has become disconnected, the light unit flops & points at the ground, but heyho, what do I know?
https://www.cliosport.net/threads/182-headlights-wontd-adjust.599951/

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I found this old thread, which may or may not help, as only one of the contributors could spell allen key correctly.
You can disregard any reference to the levelling unit on the rear beam, as it operates both headlamps.
In my experience, if the adjuster is broken or has become disconnected, the light unit flops & points at the ground, but heyho, what do I know?
https://www.cliosport.net/threads/182-headlights-wontd-adjust.599951/

Cheers I’ll have a look and just noticed my spelling mistake haha

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Those headlamps been in 2 years and you've only just noticed it's aimed high? Height should adjust with the plastic allen adjuster on top of the motor. You try turning it both ways?

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Those headlamps been in 2 years and you've only just noticed it's aimed high? Height should adjust with the plastic allen adjuster on top of the motor. You try turning it both ways?

Ha I’ve always noticed it just only now I’ve decided that it’s bugging me also mot creeping up soon! Tried with Allen key doesn’t seem to be moving them