ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights I need help!!

Clio 172
Hey everyone, I know there's probably been tons of posts about restoring headlights, I tried to do mine the other day using the wet sand method and then using scratch X/polish to bring them up and I've totally ruined them, there's just completely scratched to s**t and after I tried bringing them up they've now just completely glazed over and you can't even see inside the headlight :( idea's? ... Or does anyone have a set for sale for phase 2 172?
Cheers

Clio 172
2000 possibly? But nothing was coming off so I just used any bit of paper which was a lot more corse tbh I didn't have a clue what I was doing wish I'd of just left them now lol

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
just need to start with a low number and work upwards, keep them wet and clean them between each paper grade.

takes time and patience, but you'll be able to save them.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Only thing I can suggest is to find a local member with a polisher, they can be sanded down and brought back to life most probably. But it sounds like you've made a solid effort with regards to f**king them up.

Beaten up 182
Did mine yesterday. I started with 600, then went onto 1500 then 2000 then 3000. I then cut with a rotary then refined.

Beaten up 182
Start,
4upu8u2e.jpg

Started with the 600,
2e4ahuga.jpg

Finished,
uduje6u2.jpg

2003 172
Just done mine today with 3M kit £20 from Amazon, came up really well, not perfect as my 172 is 11 years old, but difference is amazing. Check it out on YouTube,

2003 172
Yeah same as when your polishing with a drill bit. But compared to how they were success achieved. Another mod taken care of

clio dci , ren8
There are always methods to get the lights like new again we do them at work but I don't use any of the methods on here or a 3m kit & they last for years no need to keep doing them . so if you take yours out I would be interested for a fee ;)

Clio 172
... I just used a DAS-6 and a polishing pad with some cutting polish and then moved onto a finishing polish. 10 times better and far less aggressive than going at them with and paper!!