ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights / dash / flicking off occasionally

Hi,

I'm experiencing something I haven't had to deal with before, recently I've been driving home in the pitch black and if I hit a rough surface the headlights have flicked off and back on, are the relays under the glove box?

I've checked the two clear fuses in the fuse box, both look like they have been hot before as one has melted the plastic ever so slightly, I have replaced one that has hot with a new one.

I will see if the new fuse sorts it, I guess its more likely a relay problem, dry contact or someone in the passenger seat has kicked it.

Can I ask if anyone knows if all the small black relays on the underside of the glove box are all the same spec? It seems the one to the far right operates the lights?

It was fine until tonight when the lights flickered on and off and I lost lights and indicators when I went over a bump, some more rough ground and they came back on, I took the far right relay out (which turned the lights and indicators off so that must be the relay that controls both?) and pushed it back in, but it was quite hot. Think it may have had its day and maybe a new one will solve the problem.

I'm really hoping I dont have to replace the whole UCH due to some fault?