ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlights always on full beam

Hi All,

Purchased a clio 182 yesterday night and driving it back I realised the headlights when switched on are always on Full beam. When I flick the switch on, the dipped headlight symbol is displayed but it's really bright and everyone approaching in the opposing direction starts flashing at me! 😧

Is there something I can do to rectify the issue?

When i switch the full beam on, it becomes even brighter!

I have the halogen lights.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Sounds like they aren't aligned properly if they get brighter with full beam.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I'm thinking maybe there is a wiring issue?

What makes you think that? If they get brighter with main beam switched on, then they are working surely?

Shouldn't be hard to figure out what's happening. Stand in front and get someone to turn on the lights a stage at a time to see what's going on. Or if you don't have a mate to hand park facing a wall and see what's going on.

Does the car have xenon headlights? if so they should be self levelling, but it's possible the system isn't working and they are badly aligned as above.

Edit: Sorry just saw you have halogens (I thought all 182's had xenons?) It may just have an HID kit installed (if so - remove it)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
What makes you think that? If they get brighter with main beam switched on, then they are working surely?

Shouldn't be hard to figure out what's happening. Stand in front and get someone to turn on the lights a stage at a time to see what's going on. Or if you don't have a mate to hand park facing a wall and see what's going on.

Does the car have xenon headlights? if so they should be self levelling, but it's possible the system isn't working and they are badly aligned as above.

Edit: Sorry just saw you have halogens (I thought all 182's had xenons?) It may just have an HID kit installed (if so - remove it)

182 Cups didn't have xenons, could be one of them.

PH2 172
untitled.png
182 Cups didn't have xenons, could be one of them.

I`m sure you mean 172 Cups, all 182`s came with xenons.

Drive up to a wall, see how well the beams are aligned.

The MOT website should give the alignment needed - IIRC it's 1.2% down from horizontal??

Ok Just to clear a few things up. I made an error in my initial post, I actually have Xenons (apologies!). I will take a look tonight and report back with some photos of the switch position and results.