ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight restoration....Your thoughts?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I just flat them back with wet and dry then polish them. No need for a kit

15177797326_2914e813fc_b.jpg

Contrary to what that article says, the above took me 15 minutes if that

I'm not reading all of that. It seems to be saying the same thing over and over without actually getting to the point.

And in their ad they say

STRONG ENOUGH TO CUT HEAVY OXIDE FROM ALL ACRYLIC SURFACES WITHOUT THE USE OF ABRASIVES

Contradicting themselves there. I'd avoid.

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
What grades of wet and dry did you use and what polish to finish?

1200-2500, I finished with a very worn 2500 but you can go higher if you want.

Then I polished with g3 scratch remover.

I I use the same combination on paint touch ups to great effect

its genuinely a terrible advert, almost as bad as .1mph! I bet the guy is an absolute moron irl.

Clio 182 FF Cup
Ta guys, anyone heard anything about turtle wax getting impatient and want to get it done think halfrauds stock it!

phase 2 172
Buy the 3m kit ,for the money you can't go wrong ,did my last week on my ep3,my headlights were awfull worse than the clio above and they come up like brand new ,the kit costs 16 pound from ebay and I've enough pads left to do a few more cars if I like.

phase 2 172
Thanks for that ,just bought some off ebay for 5.99 , do you just apply it with a micro fibre cloth ? Cheers again.

phase 2 172
Nice one ,glad you mentioned it as I only followed the instructions on the 3m kit but it never mentioned about sealing it ,but like you say after the winter I would probably be back to step one again .cheers .

Clio 182 FF Cup
Cheers for all the help lads! Can anybody drop me a link for the clearcoat or spray required after finishing with the 3m kit

107 Track Car & C4
I got the 3M kit and was impressed with it, but I would imagine you could just buy all the bits separately and it'll be cheaper.

Hi guys, I've just done one headlight last night before my drill ran out of juice, with a 3M kit. The headlight is way smoother but is still a little cloudy and not quite transparent. Does this mean it needs more resin polish or 3000 sanding??

thanks!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi guys, I've just done one headlight last night before my drill ran out of juice, with a 3M kit. The headlight is way smoother but is still a little cloudy and not quite transparent. Does this mean it needs more resin polish or 3000 sanding??

thanks!

Hard to say without pics.

could be either or. Try the polish first.

Hard to say without pics.

could be either or. Try the polish first.

Thanks, at work currently so no pics. I'll give the polish another go! I'm going to have used more than 50% of the packet soon, what other polish could I use? I've got some regular Autoglym resin polish, some T-Cut and also stainless steel exhaust polish.