ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight restoration WOW!

Clio 172
I know it's been said loads of times on cliosport.net but I can't not post about this. My 172 headlights were an absolute mess when I bought it last year. After spending a lot of time upgrading brakes and generally tidying the car the only thing letting it down was the lights. I couldn't afford new headlights as I'm saving for the cambelt to be changed next month by Diamond Motors. So I purchased a 3M headlight restoration kit based on people's suggestions on here. 45 minutes later the end result was astonishing. I seriously can't recommend this solution enough. I honestly thought my lights were beyond restoration. The restoration kit proved me wrong. Just WOW. So pleased with the end result.

2016_02_10_08_17_12.jpg

renault clio 1.4 16v
I just use various grades of sandpaper, polishing wheel and compound... costs almost nothing, end result is always worth it

Clio 172
I just use various grades of sandpaper, polishing wheel and compound... costs almost nothing, end result is always worth it
Totally get that and now I've used the kit can see how the different grades of sand paper and wet and dry could have done the job. Not having a drill attachment already was the upside of the kit as it just comes with everything you need (other than a drill lol). :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah anyone who says the 3M kit isn't worthwhile obviously has access to a rotary or DA.

I found the 3M kit great although it didn't bring them up as well as the various grades of sand paper and DA but I wouldn't expect it to. The 3M kit is perfect for anyone wanting to make their lights look so much better and without access to a DA/Rotary.