ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight restoration products

Clio 182
hey looking for some help with my headlights,

ive done some research on here and found most people are using Meguiars ScratchX to restore fadded and pitted healights. Ive seen some before and after pics on here and it looks impressive.

Then i found Meguiars do a headlight restoration kit this contains PlastX gel.

So basically what is best for restoring my headlights, the ScratchX or PlastX?

RSC 182
3m have a very nice kit that connects to a drill - I've done this to my 182 to correct some smear marks from a rotary polisher that was out of control :)

PH1 V6
Megs ScratchX works VERY WELL! you need put in alot of elbow grease but comes up a treat.

I used this on my PH1 headlights (they where VERY corroded, hazy and generally dirty). I used some very fine grit wet and dry paper which got the surface muck and corrosion off, then one i had finnished that the lights where left very hazy (tiny tiny scratches from paper) and the ScratchX got them back to NEW condition after say 30mins of work on each light.

So pleased with results

Bumder With A Buffer
Wet and dry and some megs scratchx via Da or even a shitty polisher.

You could do it by hand but you'l feel like you have been wanking for months after!!

Honda & VW
hey looking for some help with my headlights,

ive done some research on here and found most people are using Meguiars ScratchX to restore fadded and pitted healights. Ive seen some before and after pics on here and it looks impressive.

Then i found Meguiars do a headlight restoration kit this contains PlastX gel.

So basically what is best for restoring my headlights, the ScratchX or PlastX?

whack a photo up of said headlight(s) mate