ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlight issue

Clio Sport 172.
Does anybody else think that their dip head light beam sits very low? I really struggle to see where I'm going sometimes. I'm wondering if it's just a Clio 172 Ph2 issue or if my car's lights aren't set up properly.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
On my 200 they are like 3meters in front of me absolutely crap when you doing 70mph down the motorway and a badger is in the middle of the pissing road..

Clio Sport 172.
Same here, I'm wondering if itmight be something to do with the fact trhat it has been lowered? The M.O.T I can't vouch for as it was done before I owned it.

Clio Sport 172.
Just had them checked at an official Renault Garage and they were a long way out. Too low to get through any M.O.T. so my suspicions have been confirmed, the previous owner could not have put the car through a genuine M.O.T. All sorted now and all the other vitals have been checked an sorted.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Haven't you got a little adjuster wheel down by the esp/cruise control switch?

If you have Xenon lights there isn't an adjuster wheel , they are self levelling . It's only the 172 cups that have adjuster wheels in the car iirc ?

182cup & 172 racecar
If you have Xenon lights there isn't an adjuster wheel , they are self levelling . It's only the 172 cups that have adjuster wheels in the car iirc ?

Ah sorry, didn't know that. Mines a 182 Cup and has one, so thought they all had them.

I'll get me coat.

Clio Sport 172.
It's as MRBILLYUK stated, it was an actual mechanical screw/bolt that physically needed turning to alter the unit. All road legal now as it was done to M.O.T. spec.