ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Headlight correction- first attempt

Clio 182
Hi all,

Decided today i'd do something about my headlights- as you all know they suffer from weathering over time and can look a little untidy.
About 40 mins per headlight I finally had them back to looking good again.:D

Used a polishing pad with drill attachment, grade 800 and 1200 wet and dry, Maguires scratch x.

Attachments

• headlight 4.jpg
    headlight 4.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 77
  • headlight 3.jpg
    headlight 3.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 77
  • headlight 2.jpg
    headlight 2.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 57
  • headlight 1.jpg
    headlight 1.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 70
  BG PH1 Megane 225
Much better! I did this last week as mine were well weathered and it didn't turn out very well, but I didn't use a machine polisher or drill attachment :dead: Where did you get one from out of interest?

Clio 182
Got it from halfords mate, roughly £6 with the required polishing attachment pad- put it on the drill, makes it so much easier.

fatboymal

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Looks very good, and is on my list for the weekend. Are they 172 Xenons, or did you split the headlights and paint the inners?

Clio 182
Cheers- it's easy enough to do, if I can do it anyone can! the car itself is a 182, with xenons, not sure on whether the grey or black inners is standard or not tbh.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
So i guess you have to use a drill attachment for the scratch remover then? was going to attempt it with elbow grease alone!