ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HEADLIGHT AUTO ADJUSTER (REFITING) HELP

CLIO Iceberg 172
Mk2 172 FF
Right the other month when i replaced my sidelight bulbs i knocked the adjuster motor out of the back of my pass side xenon, i thought it just clicked back into the holder but now the silver reflector now just swings and has little or no adjustment

i have tryed and tryed to refit it over and over so that the stalk clicks back into the back of the reflector but to no avail...

is there anyway of refitting this? do i have to remove the light?

can the front plastic(glass) be removed so i can get a better hold of the reflector??

having read about this a lot on this forum i cant seem to find any answers of how to fix

please help

best option is to take all the rubber covers off so you can get hold of the reflector and pull it towards the adjuster. the best way to get the adjuster to click in it to push it up, from the bottom, into the slot in the plastic arm. try and adjust the adjuster to its max lengh will helps, 6mm allen key , and then its just a case of trying to get the ball to click in.

hope that makes sense

CLIO Iceberg 172
YEA this dose make sense thanks, will WD40 help with the ball sloting in? thats the thing thats making it a S.O.B just cant get it to click in lol

Perhaps, but you should be trying to push the ball up from the bottom off the bracket as opposed to forcing it in from the side that faces the adjuster.. Have you taken out the adjuster so you can move it around? helps to create the leverage you need to pop it in. twist out the adjuster and then you can have a play around with it. This probably won't be easy if the headlight is still bolted into the car but it can be done.

CLIO Iceberg 172
atm the rod and the motor are all one, do you mean remove the rod with the ball from the motor?

Clio Mk2 1.2 Dynamique
The ball fits into an arm thats slotted like a track. This track is open at one end. You have to feed the ball in from this end. As mentioned before take off rubber bungs and hold back the light internals then slide the ball into the slot.