ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlamp washers inop

hello all

ive had a read through some of the threads on here about what can be the problem and weather its the pump or a block in the pipe either seems a pain to solve. how do i find out easily if its the bump or a blocked pipe? i read that you should be able to hear the pump working but as theres a pump for the windscreen how would i be able to hear the headlamp one? i dont seem to have a puddle of water under my bumper when ive used the washers so still none the wiser. does the headlamp pump have its own fuse?

the cars a ph2 172 if it makes any differance

thanks

chris

Switch on your lights, and hold the washer stalk, initially you will hear the windscreen washer motor, then after it the headlamp one should go.

Mine are disconnected and hidden behind the wheelarch so water drips from there on mine, its a bumper off job if you wish to disconnect them and see if water appears from the ends of the tubing. The blockage on mine appears to be on the jets.