ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headlamp washers have stopped working

Got an 03 plate 172 and the headlamp washers have stopped working.Checked fuses etc but still nothing.Does anyone have any ideas??

Jamie

Da

Less
Are you testing them with the lights on?

Have both failed at the same time?
It's a separate pump but is UCH controlled so it could be either of those. Do the windscreen washers still work?

BMW F21 125d
Make sure your washer bottle is brimmed. Mine sometimes stop working when the washer bottle is getting low, sort of like an eatly warning! I suspect the pump for the headlights sits higher in the bottle so cant get the dregs out of the bottle.

On another note - what is UCH ? Seen it mentioned on a couple of faults now....

BMW M135i
On another note - what is UCH ? Seen it mentioned on a couple of faults now....

Look under the passenger side of the dash, the black box with several relays and lots of wires going to it is the UCH. Its a PLC pretty much (basic-ish control computer) that controls pretty much all of the auxaillary electrical systems (ie. lights, wipers, climate control). The stalks and switchs are connected to the UCH which is then connected to the devices to give the desired function and allows for things like the auto wipers and lights to the controlled (when it works! lol).

Its also an essential part of the 2nd generation renault immobilser.

In short a very important piece of the car.