ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

headgasket repair

Clio mk1 1.2
how differcult is it to replace head gasket on a mk1 clio as my head gasket has gone and was just wandering what work is involved

on a 1.2 its pretty easy, even easier on the diet engine than the energy as its smaller and theres even more room.

The head might be bent so may need skimmed flat which is about 35 quid.

Clio mk1 1.2
i was only drivin it for about 2 days before i noticed the head had gone so hopefully havnt done much damage, how long would it take to do myself and how much

headgasket is about a tenner if you want to doa quick job basically not even take the head out of the car just lift it and swap gaskets will take about 2 hours, not recommended though.

headgasket set about 25 quid and replacing the seals etc and cleaning it all up then a day if its your first one. Probably 2 if it needs skimmed.

You need a cambelt as well which is about a fiver. And coolant.

Clio mk1 1.2
yeah got coolant, dad is going to help me doing he said we cud do it in a weekend

so what do you get in a head gasket set

Clio Mk1 Hybrid
chammyman said:
headgasket is about a tenner if you want to doa quick job basically not even take the head out of the car just lift it and swap gaskets will take about 2 hours, not recommended though.

Take the head out the bay otherwise your just wasting a perfectly good gasket, both surface's have to be clean and free from deposits

Clio mk1 1.2
yeah thats what im doing taking the cylinder head oout of the engine bay cleaning it up checking the pistons and stuff then spraying the top matt black and fitting new gasket and puttt head back on