ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Unit Recommendations...... Talk To Me

I'm gonna apologise straight away because I haven't paid my subs yet so can't post in the right section. String me up by my balls..... [emoji38] Our lass wants a new HU for her Peugeot 107. Needs Bluetooth with phone functionality I.e. Hands free calling. Music and shizz is pretty much par for the course these days right?? Budget upto £150 beans....... Thanks chaps

Matty

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
All built in to the head unit itself fella. My only critique is that the microphone was a bit fuzzy, but it was still good enough to have a conversation with. I think it may have just been a fault with mine really.

Comes with an input for steering wheel controls which you can use to control the bluetooth with too, but there's buttons on the front if not. Big volume knob is what you use to pick up/hang up.

2AF1C24F103EC54FAA3359E8031C03B1.jpg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Thanks chaps....... What's the crack with the phone functions on this?? Mic, controls etc?

They have a connector on the back for an external microphone. You can pick one up for about a fiver on eBay. Mine is clipped onto my sun visor. Sound quality is superb.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Alpine CDE-173BT
Found it much easier to use than a Pioneer unit I tried. I think halfords might be doing 10% off it at the moment too - I got mine for under £100 earlier this year.

Titanium 182
I have just fitted the Sony N500BT. Really good unit, loads of features and you can pick them up for just under £150. Bluetooth NFC connectivity is awesome if you're like me and go through about 10 AUX cables a year! Also good for if you want sub / amp fitting with it's x3 RCA ports. Can change the colour scheme to any of the 35k colours.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
What's the best head unit with the above features but with an SD slot? I'd rather just bang in an SD card than dick about with my phone etc.

Thanks for the recommends chaps. Sent a shortlist to the missus and she doesn't like any of them so back to the drawing board....... I'm now thinking parrot??

So parrot kits.......... Talk to me!!! Any suggestions??

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Something like a Becker Grand Prix then, but a quarter of the price.

I'm looking but can't find a huge amount. Hopefully someone else will know of something!

Listerine & Poledo
So parrot kits.......... Talk to me!!! Any suggestions??
Walk away.
Terrible, unstable things.
That's all I ever found with them anyway. I've still gota MK9200i in the box which I dont think will ever be used. They're that bad.

However, THIS is superb

Something like a Becker Grand Prix then, but a quarter of the price.

I'm looking but can't find a huge amount. Hopefully someone else will know of something!

Yeah, Becker Grand Prix is schweet but not got the budget for that!! Thanks pal.

@Goodj I know they're pants mate but it seems to be a reasonable solution, she's only running the car for a year or so until we get the dollar together for an A1 S-Line for her. Sell the Parrot? Drop me a PM pal.

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
They have a connector on the back for an external microphone. You can pick one up for about a fiver on eBay. Mine is clipped onto my sun visor. Sound quality is superb.
I have this same headunit, MEX-BT3600U, find that the inbuilt mic is absolute rubbish....can't seem to find this external mic connector on the back though? I've been looking around on l'internet but can't seem to find an answer. Any help would be much appreciated! :up:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I think it's actually a BT 3900U head unit that I have.

It has a socket in the back to connect an external microphone.