ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit install above emergency buttons

Clio campus 1.2 2005
Hey,
I got myself a 2005 Clio campus
It only has a slot for a 1din head unit but I really want Android auto.
I was looking at those flip out display units but that would cover the emergency button when the screen is flipped out.
Should it be possible to switch the stereo and buttons from place. So the stereo slot is on top and the buttons are below it?

Thanks,

Greetz,
Tycho
IMG_20171025_164552.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
I’m pretty sure the wiring will be long enough, the only thing you’d have to do is fabricate a way for it to stay in place. Shouldn’t be too hard but I don’t think it’s been done before.

Clio campus 1.2 2005
Found some diagrams to show that it might be more difficult than i thought at first.
There seems to be a holder for the buttons at the top. its not just an opening.
there is a plastic part that goes over that with the buttons installed.
If its made out of plastic and there is no obstructions behind it i might just put the dremmel in it.
just making a few slices on the side to move it down.
I will see when I get the car moved to my house.

If this doesn't work out are there radio systems with a screen that can be put on the windshield like a gps?
In last resort i will go with the android auto app on my phone and a normal bluetooth dab+ radio.

Attachments

• renault clio radio slot.PNG
    renault clio radio slot.PNG
    8.3 KB · Views: 105
  Clio campus 1.2 2005
Also thinking of putting a under seat sub in.
I think i will be able to figure the installation out (seen a lot of youtube video's)
But one thing keeps bugging me.
power for sub from battery or fuse box?
If its possible to do it from the fuse box i will do that since i rather don't have route cables thru the engine bay.
can i see in dialogys witch fuse to tap from?
havent found it.
also can i save the info from my car? i cant find a save button so i need to start over every time

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm fairly sure the wiring for the buttons comes up from below, so by moving the buttons further down you don't need to extend the wires.
It would require some fairly significant modification though, probably best to take the lower dash out of the car and cut the framework out and put it back together.

However, having run a flip screen unit in my clio I can't say I've ever been too bothered by the buttons, if on the rare occasion you need to use the hazards, you have plenty of room to slide your hand in behind and press the button (you can adjust how far back the screen sits, if you want). Door/demister buttons are easy to press.
IMG_1423.JPG

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm fairly sure the wiring for the buttons comes up from below, so by moving the buttons further down you don't need to extend the wires.
It would require some fairly significant modification though, probably best to take the lower dash out of the car and cut the framework out and put it back together.

However, having run a flip screen unit in my clio I can't say I've ever been too bothered by the buttons, if on the rare occasion you need to use the hazards, you have plenty of room to slide your hand in behind and press the button (you can adjust how far back the screen sits, if you want). Door/demister buttons are easy to press.
View attachment 1342259
That's blandford

Clio campus 1.2 2005

View attachment 1342259
For myself I don't mind the screen being in front of the buttons as you don't use those very often but it's the examination that I'm worried about. If they check the car and when they start it a screen pops in front of "important" functions of the car. I don't know how they'll respond

Clio campus 1.2 2005
Hey,
So I will be going the flip out screen way.
I'm looking at the Pioneer avh-z7000dab.
Good choice?
I want android auto and dab that's important
My Clio did not come fitted with a stereo out of the factory so the previous owner installed the unit seen in the first post
Also looking at a compact active sub the ts-wx70da
For installation I will get help from family.
What cables and adaptors do I need?
I would like to power the sub from the fuse box and not from the battery.

Greetings,

Tycho