ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Unit Help! Please!

Black Clio 172 mk2 FF
I've just bought a new Kenwood HU for my 02 172 and all the right cables to connect the dash display and steering control stalk (all from CarAudioDirect). I've plugged everything in correctly but i can't get the steering controls to operate the stereo. i think the problem is that the remote control connection that goes into the back of the HU has 2 other cables (a white one and a green one - both with bullet connectors on) but i don't know where they plug into.

Can anyone help me out?

Black Clio 172 mk2 FF
Ok, I'll re-phrase it...

Has anyone fitting a Kenwood HU using the InCarTec stalk/display adaptor leads from caraudiodirect? And have you had any problems doing it?

Cheers

Yep. My g/f ordered one of them for her car, and it wouldn't work. We looked at it, and there was something (I can't remember what) that looked faulty about it. We sent it back for another one, and the new one worked.

They said they had a whole batch of faulty ones, so maybe just send it back for a replacement?? You can't really connect them up wrong.

Black Clio 172 mk2 FF
Here is a picture of the InCarTec Kenwood remote adaptor (i have the other half - but that bit works perfectly!) This bit doesn't look right to me. I need to plug the black plug into my HU, but that isn't connected to the white socket that joins up with the rest of the adaptor!! Someone please tell me this is wrong, so i can go back to caraudiodirect!

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
Here is a picture of the InCarTec Kenwood remote adaptor (i have the other half - but that bit works perfectly!) This bit doesn't look right to me. I need to plug the black plug into my HU, but that isn't connected to the white socket that joins up with the rest of the adaptor!! Someone please tell me this is wrong, so i can go back to caraudiodirect!

It's a Kenwood - send it packing!